Director Air Logistics Operations | United Kingdom | GB14186
Are you looking for a new challenge? Exciting opportunity to lead Kuehne & Nagel's successful UK Airfreight operations team.
It is an exciting time to be part of the Air Logistics team at Kuehne + Nagel. With responsibility for the execution, governance and performance of Air Logistics operations in the UK. Our National Airfreight Operations Manager will lead the continuing deployment of our new operating model, keeping a keen eye on People development, service improvement and productivity gains. Ultimately, we will be looking to you to translate the voice of the customer into excellent service delivery - Are you ready for this challenge?
- Lead and manage; systems, process, customs, training, implementation, operational and revenue care.
- Lead the governance of service delivery, to include performance and compliance, we must be the best in the market.
- Lead initiatives that seek productivity gains through technology deployment and utilisation of KN Global services. Achieve this while providing improved job satisfaction and engagement of UK operational staff.
- Lead training initiatives and improvements in all areas of Air logistics.
- Support direct customer engagement wherever appropriate.
- Establish departmental & employee goals (KPI´s) and promote employee self-checking performance; coordinate monthly departmental meetings to verify if goals were reached, communicate departmental productivity during monthly management meetings.
- Act as a Link and advocate of regional and global operational strategy.
- Support key staff recruitment for Airfreight Operations.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- A good level of education, ideally educated to degree level.
- Extensive experience in Air forwarding.
- A complete understanding of budgets and P&L is essential
- Advanced planning skills are necessary for this role, you must be able to turn strategy into action with clear and precise planning and measurement.
- You will bring with you advanced influencing and relationship-building skills - we are looking for someone with real gravitas who will have credibility with senior stakeholders and our customers.
- Extensive team management skills will be necessary - you will know how to motivate your teams to deliver consistently excellent results, whilst seeking to make our environment the best it can be for our people.
- You will need to be able to work under pressure and solve problems, so a calm, methodical and organised approach will stand you in good stead.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel is essential both UK wide (and internationally).
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
If you want to lead an already successful operations team to be even better and to drive improvements that will benefit KN, our teams and our customers, then this role offers an ambitious candidate who has exceptional leadership and operational skills a superb opportunity to help shape the future of how we operate within Airfreight at KN. We are offering a competitive salary, attractive bonus, car/car allowance, 25 days holiday, life assurance and private medical insurance. You will also have the opportunity to join the contributory Kuehne+Nagel pension plan. #LI-DNI
With over 76000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne+Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne+Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne+Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.