Job Title: Dispatcher
Business Area: Utilities - Telecoms
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
From Telecomms to Power, from Lands' End to John O'Groats.
It's taken a great deal for Kier Group to become one of the UK's Top 3 utility providers. It's taken people like you. Professionals who can help connect, heat and power over 15 million homes and businesses - in a team that works with emerging technologies to maintain 65km of gas pipes and install one million metres of fibre optic cable every year.
About the role
We are looking to recruit for a Dispatcher to join our Call Centre Team Leader. The successful candidate will be responsible for dispatching and co-ordinating all works for regional field staff, ensuring that SLA's are met and first fix achieved where possible.
- SLA awareness - Ensure that all works are dispatched and completed within SLA, and service credits are kept to a minimum.
- WIP - Regional WIP to be reviewed on a daily basis and kept to a minimum.
- Customer facing - Responding to client raised issues in a professional and succinct manner, liaising with management where required.
- Time Management - Ensuring WFM tickets are updated within expected timescales as per client request and SLA's
- Health and safety - Ensure that all engineers dispatched to works are aware access restrictions, site safety requirements and potential hazards in order to prioritise their safety. No personnel to be dispatched to OOB's sites.
- Teamwork - Work with other regional dispatchers, sub-contractors, admin and the management team to ensure effective operation of IMT contracts.
- Systems - Site databases to be updated when required and in a timely manner; all inaccuracies to be reported for further investigation.
- Access - Arrange access and liaise with SP's where required
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
What we need from you?
Key Skills and Qualifications:
What can you expect from us?
- Experience in a similar role of dispatching/scheduling works in a busy environment.
- Organisation and planning skills
- Microsoft suite, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Excellent computer skills
- Confident communicator, especially on the phone
- Good geographical knowledge of London/South region
You can expect a competitive salary and an outstanding package that includes a matched pension scheme up to 7.5%, 26 days' annual leave (with the opportunity to buy or sell holiday), two employee Share Scheme options, together with additional valuable benefits such as:
- Free Life Assurance
- Flexible and Agile working (dependent on your role)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to Kier Rewards, our exclusive Discount Shopping Site with deals available at over 800 retailers
- Plus, many more benefits geared to your wellbeing
It's worth remembering that if you are successful, we'll undertake the relevant / standard pre-employment checks after you have been offered a job. This includes taking up your references, verifying your right to work in the UK, verifying your driving licence (if applicable) and a health assessment. Due to the nature of this role, you will also be required to complete a Basic Disclosure and Barring Service Check (applicants with criminal convictions will be treated on a case by case basis. We do not discriminate based on an applicant's criminal record or the details of any offences disclosed to us). Some roles may also be subject to further pre-employment checks. Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being Collaborative, Trusted
We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture. Kier is an inclusive employer. Closing Date:
07/05/2021 Please note, interviews may take place before the closing date, and we reserve the right to close applications early.