Salary: £28,600 - £42,800 depending on skills and experience
Working pattern: Permanent | Full Time, 37 hours | Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
Our in-house SSE Legal function operates to ensure business actions and behaviours are aligned to business priorities, are legally sound, and reinforce a culture of integrity, quality, responsibility and ethical behaviour. This role sits within the SSE Networks business. The SSE Networks business provides an electricity Distribution network across central southern England and electricity Transmission and Distribution networks across northern Scotland.
What is the role?
We are seeking to recruit an English qualified Solicitor to join our legal team with dispute resolution experience or transferable skills.
Reporting to the Senior Legal Manager within the Dispute Resolution Team, you will be responsible for providing legal advice to a variety of stakeholders with varying needs within the SSE group primarily in respect of personal injury, civil and commercial litigation and contentious property matters.
Our in-house SSE Legal function is to ensure business actions and behaviours are aligned to business priorities, are legally sound, and to reinforce a culture of integrity, quality, responsibility and ethical behaviour. We identify and rationalise legal risk, providing advice on both regulatory and statutory obligations, all whilst helping the business to achieve their strategic goals.
What do I need?
The essential skills and experience you will bring to this role:
- Qualified Solicitor with circa 0-3 years PQE;
- A comprehensive understanding of personal injury claims, civil and commercial litigation, legal issues and experience in drafting particulars of claim/defences and conducting contentious property matters;
- An understanding of the wider legal issues affecting the SSE Group and the Energy market;
- A passion to work as part of a high performing team, sharing knowledge, best practice and supporting colleagues;
- Comfortable working independently and leading their own matters;
- Proactive and pragmatic approach to giving legal advice and support in a clear and concise manner;
- Confident and resilient in their approach to their work, legal skills and knowledge;
- Willing to take an active role in supporting other members of the team.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Click here to find out what else is on offer.
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require submitting your application please get in touch. We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
Please be aware if you are successful, you will be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.