Are you looking for a new challenge? For a rewarding job where you have the opportunity to make a real difference? Would you like to contribute to the greater good of the healthcare field? If so then we would love to hear from you!
A new opportunity has arisen for a Domestic Assistant to join the Medirest Family. You will join our highly dedicated team in delivering outstanding cleaning services for patients, visitors and staff of the hospital.
As a Domestic Assistant, you will play a vital role in Infection Control that is needed to keep the hospital operating and doing what it does best. Without the Domestic Team we wouldn't be able to deliver our life changing medical services. Believe us when we say, this isn't just any old cleaning job , this cleaning job is one with a real difference.
Please note core working hours are 3pm-7pm 5 out of 7 days. Job Description
- £9.20 per hour, 20 hours per week
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program. More about the role:
Who you are:
- High and low Dusting, Mopping, wiping and scrubbing surfaces.
- Cleaning of wards, side rooms, toilets, showers, infected and public areas.
- Ensure rubbish bins are maintained and removed when full.
- Maintain high hospital standards by ensuring all areas are clean, presentable and safe for visitors by following the required policies and procedures.
- Use required equipment in accordance with the role following all Health & Safety guidelines
Who we are:
- Good command of the English language with a passion for patient care
- The ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors and healthcare staff
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced healthcare environment and has a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Confident working in a hospital environment and aware at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- Committed, hardworking and willing to go the extra mile for our patients.
- Previous experience and knowledge is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Baring Service check; costs met by the employer
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.