Are you a natural leader? Do you have the ability motivate and coach team members to achieve the desired results? Would you like to contribute to the greater good of the healthcare field? If so then we would love to hear from you!
A new opportunity has arisen for a Supervisor to join the Medirest Family. We are looking for a new member to lead our highly dedicated Cleaning team, delivering outstanding cleaning services for patients, visitors and staff of the hospital.
As a Supervisor, you will play a vital role in ensuring all areas are kept and presented to our highest standards. Infection Control will be paramount to keep the hospital operating and doing what it does best. Without the incredible cleaning service, the hospital wouldn't be able to accomplish its lifechanging medical services. Believe us when we say, this isn't just any job , this is a job which will make a real difference. What we'll give:
- £10.40 per hour, 16 hours per week
- Friday 13.30 - 20.00
- Saturday 16.00 - 22.00
- Sunday 16.00 - 20.00
We ensure you're rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
More about the role:
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways programme
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
Who you are:
- Supervise the Domestic team effectively.
- Ensure the highest level of cleaning standards are met within your team at all times Support the Domestic Manager with changing business demands.
- Coach and support team with any training or day to day issues that may arise.
- Liaise with Ward staff, Doctors and nurses in a professional manner.
- Complete audits and produce reports on cleaning standards.
- Maintain staff rota's and ensure all areas are covered.
- Carry out return to work interviews for staff that have been absent.
- Hold performance reviews with new starters and existing staff.
- Undertake and record all training.
Who we are:
- Previous experience supervising large teams, completing rotas, performance reviews and return to work interviews.
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team with a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Quality driven, with a sound knowledge of Health & Safety / infection control
- Possess good IT skills; fully competent in Microsoft Office and educated to GCSE level in English and Maths.
- Passionate about patient care, with the ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors and healthcare staff.
- Confident working in a hospital environment and aware at times you will meet patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check; costs met by the employer.
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer; we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Medirest is part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, who provide a full range of Hotel Services (including staff, patient and visitors catering, domestics, portering and security) at over 130 NHS Trust and private hospitals.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.