Title: Drainage Design Team Leader Location:
Permanent The Highways Services team showing the UK the way.
You probably recognise Kier Group as a leading construction, property, residential and services group. You may possibly know that over the past 90 years, we've created a company with nearly 20,000 employees and offices all over the UK. But did you know that we're a business built on people? Thinkers and doers. Innovators and team workers. People from all communities. People with all types of skills and experiences. People like you.
Every day, 210,000 vehicles travel across the 31,000km of roads, bridges and tunnels that are built, maintained and operated by the team here at Kier Group. It's one of the reasons why we're acknowledged as the UK's No.1 Highways Services team - delivering £1 billion of social value to the six million people and wider communities who rely on our expertise and experience. Can you join our team? Yes, you can - if you want to be valued for who you are as well as what you do, in a company shaping the future.
About the role
In this exciting role you will be responsible for managing the team to ensure that delivery is achieved in accordance with client requirements, as well as undertaking services within a highway engineering environment which may include scheme investigation and site inspections. As part of your responsibility you will lead the delivery of technical outputs within the team and ensure that personal/ team utilisation targets are met.
What we need from you
- Preferably a chartered/ incorporated member of a relevant professional institution
- A degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Experience in design of Highway Maintenance or improvement schemes
- Experience of Value Managing schemes using Highways England's processes and procedures
You can also expect a competitive salary and a strong benefits package that includes:
- Free Life Assurance
- Private Healthcare
- Access to our valuable pension scheme -
- Kier Retirement Savings Plan
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Options to participate in Cycle2Work and
- Payroll Giving schemes
- Two employee Share Scheme options
- Flexible and Agile working (dependent on your role)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to Kier Rewards, our exclusive Discount Shopping
- Site with deals available at over 800 retailers
- Plus many more benefits geared to your wellbeing.
About Kier: Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, trusted and focused. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture. Kier is an inclusive employer. Let's shape your world together
Closing Date: 3rd March 2021