Job Title: Drivers Cat D (Coach)
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex, GB, HA4 6NG
Compensation: £24,000.00 pa + Roster allowance 1,094 pa paid in monthly increments
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF43228
Help us make a difference and support the UK Military and Aviation. The Mechanical Transport Department supplies transportation solutions to Royal Air Force (RAF) Northolt on a daily 24/7/365 days a year basis.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for someone dynamic, ambitious and eager to portray the professional image of the Babcock Mechanical Transport (MT) Department based at RAF Northolt. The main purpose of your role is to carry out driving duties within the scope of current Road Traffic Legislation, Road Transport Law and Service Publications.
What will you be doing?
You will play a vital role at RAF Northolt, carrying out driving duties. Your responsibilities will include:
- Transporting RAF personnel, including driving a coach.
- Checking vehicle daily/weekly in line with IAW vehicle specifications and requirements.
- Ensuring that all transport services driver and vehicle documentation is completed IAW relevant publications.
- Reporting all vehicle defects to Control Staff IAW legislation and service publications.
- Completion and maintenance of Driver Analogue Tachograph Discs and Driver Digital Cards.
- Refuelling, washing, vacuuming, checking of vehicle fluids and tyre condition of all vehicles as required.
The experience you'll bring
- Current and valid Driving Licence with categories B, C, and D.
- You must pass a Colour Perception test for aerodrome access and should be colour perception (CP) standard of Red Green CP2 (safe) or CP3 (defective/safe).
- Driver Vehicle Standard Authority (DVSA) Category D Licence with no more than three current Penalty Points
- You must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Visit our website to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please visit our website to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.