About the role
Here at Babcock International, we are looking to recruit a Driver/Handler on a full time, permanent basis. You will provide professional driving for all nominated tasks as required, training staff as required.
UAS driving tasks as detailed plus Bowser driving as required, on shift to support flying operations.
- Daily/weekly and any other maintenance required to ensure bowser availability to support flying operations.
- Undertake any driving duties as required by the Contract in any location.
- Control all Vehicle related administration within DVSA/RAFMT /DGSA & BABCOCK guidelines.
- Ensure all aspects of the MT contract are fulfilled within the required time frames and budget.
- Ensure all licenses, medicals and competencies are maintained.
- Communicate with the customer and the Site Manager daily to ensure possible contract failures are avoided.
- To carry out Ground Handling/movement of Aircraft including ac towing duties, Flight Line Operations, aircraft cleaning and general duties as required.
- Carry out Check A Maintenance.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need to a PSV license and if you have a LGV or ADR license, this would be beneficial.
What else do I need to know?
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role and will also need to complete a medical assessment
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly. We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please click here.