Job Title: E&P Senior Project Engineer
Location: Antrim, Belfast, BT12 6PU
Compensation: £55,000 to £65,000 + Vehicle Allowance + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF45437
Babcock Rail are currently looking to recruit an E&P Senior Project Engineer to ensure that all facets of engineering requirements within the distribution project engineering team are delivered in accordance with the relevant company and client standards & procedures, as well as in a timely and effective manner.
Reporting into the Programme Engineering Manager, your role will be the delivery of appropriate distribution engineering support to meet specified portfolio item and work scopes, associated with but not limited to all rail related overhead line electrification requirements.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a positive and motivated individual who has demonstrable experience as an E&P Senior Project Engineer. If you are applying from GB you will be fully flexible and willing to undertake travel away from home, including overnight stays, in Ireland as the business need requires.
What will you be doing?
Your main duties will include
* Leading and directing the Distribution Engineering Team to ensure that the Distribution Project Engineering workload is delivered by competent and efficiently organised engineers, whether internally sourced, externally sub-contracted or supplemented by agency.
* The provision and application of technical guidance, leadership and, as necessary, formal mentorship to engineering team members as necessary.
* As required, managing and/or undertaking the role of 'Contractors Responsible Engineer' and/or 'Contractors Engineering Manager', as necessary to fulfil the needs of the projects.
* Ensuring the development, implementation and maintenance of processes and procedures, compliant to corporate requirements, to effectively and efficiently deliver the regions compliance to statutory, client mandatory and project specifically advised standards and other requirements.
* Thorough direction of the Distribution Manger UK, to assist with the optimisation of the utilisation of the Power total project engineering resources.
* Thorough liaison with the SPM's Project co-ordination engineer, ensuring as necessary that the collation and transmission of progress and utilisation information for Project engineering is gathered to demonstrate that full and complete cost recovery/savings are obtained.
The experience you'll bring
* Suitable Railway Engineering and Construction qualifications and experience.
* Sufficient experience of the management of staff.
* Sound knowledge of all rail related Power design & engineering principles, practices and standards.
* Conversant with full Power range.
* Conversant with all other British & European Standards relating to rail related Power works.
* Conversant with current industry standard Power design packages.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 2nd August 2022