E1 Administrator - Receptionist Support
Defence Primary Healthcare (DPHC) is looking for a friendly, well-organised and enthusiastic medical administrator/receptionist to join our busy and friendly team of dedicated military and civilian healthcare professionals and support staff working in the Healthcare Facility located at QEMHC, Tidworth.
DPHC is a vibrant and fast-moving organisation that aims to provide the very best primary healthcare to members of the Armed Forces and other entitled personnel. DPHC delivers a clinical service in accordance with NHS Standards and Ministry of Defence policies.
The successful candidate will work as a member of the DPHC team in providing a comprehensive, efficient and effective administration service to a patient population of service personnel and their families.
Requests to work flexibly will be considered, taking into account business needs.
Applicants should have experience in customer service and working effectively as part of a team and be able to work in a fast environment. The ideal candidate must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with patients and be able to identify and respond to their needs in an appropriate and caring manner.
As a successful candidate your duties could include but will not be limited to:
• To maintain patient and staff confidentiality In Accordance With (iaw) the Patient Confidentiality and Staff Confidentiality Protocols. To sign a copy of the former which lists Caldicott Principles; this copy is to be held by the Practice Manager.
• To action urgent duties for the Practice Manager in her absence to ensure the smooth running of health care delivery within the Medical Facility.
• Provide day-to-day supervision of two E2 administrative staff, delegating tasks accordingly and ensuring the smooth running of the front office/reception area.
• When required, participate in general reception duties including directing enquiries, answering telephone, filing, mail distribution and booking appointments on DMICP.
• In the absence of the Hospital Appointments, initiate and complete Naval Medical Board of Survey (NMBOS )paperwork with the patient and ensuring this is submitted within the required timelines.
• Being responsible for computer data entry, processing and recording information in accordance with practice procedures.
Duties and responsibilities to be undertaken by the practice administration team can be varied under the direction of the Practice Manager and Senior Medical Officer, dependant on current and evolving workloads and staffing levels. Therefore, you should have a flexible approach and be able to adapt to changing requirements.
As the successful candidate, you will have a major impact on promoting a positive, professional and friendly image to patients and other visitors therefore must maintain appropriate and professional standards to reflect your position at all times.
The successful candidate will also be required to demonstrate empathy and tact to a range of people in an understanding manner. They will need to follow process, procedure and respect confidentiality.
For full information on the job roles please refer to the attached TOR's.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Changing and Improving
Communicating and Influencing
Managing a Quality Service
Delivering at Pace
• Learning and development tailored to your role
• An environment with flexible working options
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• A Civil Service pension
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is security check .
People working with government assets must complete basic personnel security standard checks.
Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles , and will assess your Behaviours.
The sift will be completed within 5 working days of the vacancy closing date. Interviews will be held remotely on a date to be confirmed.
There will be no reimbursement for any travel expenses for the interview.
This post does not offer any assistance with relocation allowances.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.