We have an exciting opportunity for a Dental Receptionist / Administration Assistant based in the Dental Centre at Helles Barracks, Catterick Garrison.
To provide a friendly, efficient service to enable patients to access dental care. Arrange appointments and recalls for all entitled personnel ensuring maximum use of the clinicians’ time to meet DPHC (Dental) targets for dental health. Offer administrative support for the surgeries, Senior Dental Officer (SDO) and the Practice Manager (PM).
Main duties of the role include, but are not limited to:
• Providing initial contact with patients and ensuring the reception area is maintained and tidy at all times.
• Checking-in patients and raising the necessary documentation.
• Answering telephone and email enquiries using various Information Technology software including Microsoft Office.
• Ensuring that dental records are available for each surgery (if requested) at the beginning of the working day and are meticulously filed in the appropriate locked cabinets at the end of the working day.
• Carrying out booking in and out of dental patients using the Information Technology supplied, in line with current procedures. Actioning the appropriate registers.
• Maintaining the appointment diary, making appointments (including Hospital appointments where applicable) as requested by Dental Officers (DOs) and the Dental Hygienist. Informing the Clinician concerned should it prove impossible to appoint a patient at a particularly requested time.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Managing a Quality Service
Delivering at Pace
Seeing the Big Picture
Communicating and Influencing
• Learning and development tailored to your role
• An environment with flexible working options
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• A Civil Service pension
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is security check .
See our vetting charter .
People working with government assets must complete basic personnel security standard checks.
Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles , and will assess your Behaviours and Experience.
The sift will be completed within 5 working days of the vacancy closing date. Interviews will be held remotely by Skype on a date to be confirmed.
In the event of a high volume of applications, an initial sift will be based on the lead behaviour which is Leadership.
Requests to work flexibly will be considered, taking into account business needs.
This vacancy is part of the A Great Place to Work for Veterans initiative, Making-the-civil-service-a-great-place-to-work-for-veterans
This vacancy is open to employees who already hold the substantive grade for the post and were appointed to the Civil Service on merit following a fair and open competition; or were appointed to a permanent Civil Service post through an exception in the Civil Service Commissioners’ rules.
Please note that priority will be given to staff seeking level transfer who have been assigned Priority Mover status.