We have an exciting opportunity available for an E2 Receptionist at Weeton Medical Facility in Preston. This role will be part time offering 30 hours a week.
As the successful candidate you will be providing and commissioning safe and effective healthcare which meets the needs of the patient and the chain of command in order to contribute to Fighting Power.
Defence Primary Healthcare (DPHC) delivers a unified, safe, efficient and accountable primary healthcare and dental care services for entitled personnel to maximise their health and to deliver personnel medically fit for operations.
As the successful candidate your duties include but are not limited to:
• The reception and identification of all patients and visitors on arrival at the Medical Treatment Facility (MTF). Ensuring external visitors and contractors sign the visitors register.
• Reporting all accidents, injuries and dangerous occurrences promptly to line management.
• Referring any individuals wishing to make a complaint to the Practice Complaints Manager.
• Ensuring that the reception area is never left unmanned during normal working hours.
• Ensuring that the reception area is left tidy at all times and adheres to the clear desk policy.
• Ensuring that patient information booklets are available and current.
• Answering telephone enquiries.
• Taking messages and passing them on promptly to the appropriate person.
• Completing “Did Not Attend” (DNA) promptly on Defence Medical Information Capability Programme (DMICP) for statistic purposes.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Communicating and Influencing
Managing a Quality Service
Seeing the Big Picture
Delivering at Pace
• Learning and development tailored to your role
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• A Civil Service pension
• Free parking
• Cafe shop
• Gym membership
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is security check .
People working with government assets must complete basic personnel security standard checks.
Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles , and will assess your Behaviours and Experience.
As a result of the changes to the UK immigration rules which came in to effect on 1 January 2021, the Ministry of Defence will only offer sponsorship for a skilled worker visa under the points based system, where a role has been deemed to be business critical.
The role currently being advertised has not been assessed as business critical and is therefore NOT open to applications from those who will require sponsorship under the points based system. Should you apply for this role and be found to require sponsorship, your application will be rejected and any provisional offer of employment withdrawn.
The sift will be completed within 5 working days of the vacancy closing date. Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
The interview will take place within 5 working days of the vacancy closing date.
Travel to interview costs will not be reimbursed.
Please be aware this post does not offer any assistance with relocation allowances.
This vacancy is part of the A Great Place to Work for Veterans initiative, Making-the-civil-service-a-great-place-to-work-for-veterans.