Early Years Manager
Location: Glasgow West end
Salary: Depending on Qualifications and experience
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Hours: 40 hour week
Busy West end nursery has been established for over 25 years and has earned an excellent reputation for its high standard of professional childcare.
The Nursery is ideally situated in the busy West end of Glasgow and caters for 52 children 0 to 5 years.
The nursery is bright, warm and welcoming, well stocked with toys and equipment to stimulate the children in all areas of their development and new children settle in quickly.
The children's social and emotional development is enhanced by the stability of a low turnover of staff and a warm, caring and relaxed atmosphere.
We are keen to recruit a manager to lead our team and are seeking an individual who believes in high quality early learning and childcare.
Key duties will involve:
Our new manager will be someone who has a passion for:
- Delivering exemplary childcare and learning opportunities in line with Curriculum for Excellence
- Leading a small team, delivering peer reviews and setting appropriate training and professional development targets
- Engaging families in nursery life and supporting families through transitions and challenges
- Promoting positive mindsets
- Enriching the lives of young children
- Customer focus
- Continuous improvement
Nursery manager-To be considered for this opportunity:
You will need to be a dynamic individual that can demonstrate the ability to work to prioritise a busy workload
- Knowledge of local/national policies and guidance associated with Early Learning and Childcare (ELC)
- Working knowledge of ELC procedures and regulatory requirements
- Excellent working knowledge and ability to implement the Curriculum for Excellence, Pre-Birth to Three, Realising the Ambition and How Good Is Our Early Learning and Childcare
- Experience in leading a staff team, as well as the ability to support their learning and development
- Liaise with the Local Authority, Care Inspectorate and other agencies as required to meet partnership contractual arrangements with Glasgow City Council
- To ensure appropriate Quality Assurance systems are in place
- Applicants' qualifications should be consistent with those required to register as a Manager with SSSC (e.g. BA Childhood Practice or PDA level 9).
- Managerial experience, either as an existing Manager or Deputy Manager is essential.
We will offer you:
- A positive working environment
- Induction and mentoring support.
- 30 day holiday allowance which increases during service to a max of 40 days
- The chance to grow with our evolving organisation through professional development opportunities.
Generous Childcare Discounts