Title: EC&I Engineer
Location: Stoke Gifford, Bristol, GB, BS16 1EJ (Location flexible)
Company: Cavendish Nuclear
About the role
The EC&I Engineer applies engineering domain knowledge competently to provide technical solutions in the delivery of products and services while developing domain knowledge, experience and leadership skills.
At this level; an experienced EC&I Engineer, is competent in a generalist subject area, resolves specific technical issues and problems, compiles technical reports and accompanying presentations, provides, reviews and adheres to specifications in accordance with stakeholder requirements.
This is the level for a competent, experienced and skilled EC&I Engineer who understands the concepts and principles of Electrical Power / Distribution; designs, develops or contributes to determination of solutions to problems and issues in a generalist subject area. Able to work on a range of engineering problems involving some complexity.
This EC&I will be responsible for the following areas:
* Promote effective co-operation across Engineering and other functional teams
* Assist in effective management of the customer, through interfacing with customers and supply chain on design issues and assist with procurement specifications
* Ensure procedures, codes and standards are correctly identified and applied to engineering and technical activities.
* Ensure task and project risks are communicated appropriately
* Contribute to Product Safety Assessment process
* Provide a technical interface with internal and external stakeholders at a detailed level
* Carry out technical investigations and analysis to provide data for problem assessment/resolution and for design of improvements
* Contribute to process improvement within the operational and/or design lifecycle to deliver continuous improvements in quality, cycle time and asset utilisation
* Apply engineering domain knowledge to produce technical solutions and documentation in support of assigned task and project
* Produce, review, verify outputs including: calculations, analyses, technical reports,
* technical specifications and method statements
* Ensure appropriate review, verification and approval is undertaken on work performed
* Plan, deliver and monitor assigned tasks and projects, ensuring requirements are delivered to time, quality and cost
* Provide help and direction to less experienced team members to support both their effective working, and their development.
The role also encompasses
* Provide support to the Project Manager for the planning, control and delivery of tasks and projects
* Make engineering decisions within own sphere of responsibility and delegated authority
* May act as Technical Authority or Engineering Lead when authorised to do so
* Ensure application of highest standards for health and safety in immediate area of responsibility and ensure all team members across engineering co-operate with respect to company standards about matters on health, safety and environment, ethics and behaviours
* Keep up to date in relevant technical areas and develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide effective delivery. Maintain knowledge of Industry best practice, promote a culture of engineering best practice, support in driving cultural development and change
* Contribute to learning from experience (LfE). requirement, during and post project
* Support business development opportunities in raising the Cavendish Nuclear profile via presentations, academic links, conferences & technical papers, and identify opportunities and new work streams
What do I need to do the role?
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
* Engineering degree (or equivalent qualification) in relevant engineering discipline, with significant demonstrable experience
* Experience in working collaboratively in multi-discipline teams to deliver activities on a range of project types
* Demonstrable experience in covering a variety of tasks
* Communications skills and the ability to interface with other disciplines
* Chartered Status or actively working toward Chartered Status
* Member of relevant institute or significant demonstrable engineering experience and capable of registration with the Engineering Council
* Experience in managing engineering scope for Projects from concept design to full
* Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC)
* Breadth and depth of experience in a range of commercial or defence projects
What else do I need to know?
Cavendish Nuclear is an international services company and travel may be required to fulfil the responsibilities of the role.
We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
If you are currently employed by Cavendish Nuclear, please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.