Job Title: EC&I Engineer
Location: Heysham, UK
Compensation: Attractive Salary+ benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 44616
Build the Future
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a EC&I Engineer at our Heysham 1 Power Station site.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility
The EC&I Engineer role is within our Cavendish Nuclear business
As a leader within the UK nuclear industry, Cavendish Nuclear, part of Babcock International Group, provides a comprehensive range of critical nuclear solutions in clean energy, defence and civil new build and decommissioning projects. Together, we're innovating to make nuclear safer, faster and cost-effective across the nuclear energy life cycle. Your career with us could take you anywhere within Babcock International Group - from Canada, the USA to Japan. Work with us to create a safe and secure world, together.
The difference our new EC &I Engineer will make
As a EC&I Engineer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will be on site working on various planned Investment Delivery and Defueling projects as part of an embedded team within EDF.
Day to day, you'll be producing Work Order Cards, Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Quality plans, Construction Plans, Engineering Changes and other documentation required to deliver projects. Acting as the point of contact on the power station for assigned projects. Reviewing and approving contractor documentation prior to them completing work on site. Facilitating and chairing project meetings such as pre and post job briefs, setting to work meetings and readiness reviews as required. Building up quotations for site-based works after consultation and walk-downs. Supplying data and updates on estimated project completion dates to assist project support staff with ensuring projects remain on time and on budget. Driving continuous improvements in the relationship between Cavendish Nuclear and the EDF organisation.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met.
- Previous experience working in the Nuclear or Defence Sector or within an alternative highly regulated Environment for example: Oil and Gas, Rail, Pharma Etc.
- Previous experience in working on small turnkey projects, ideally in a maintenance/refurb and fit setting.
- Experience handling a project from end- to- end.
- Qualified to Degree level or having equivalent experience in mechanical or electrical engineering.
- Will need to be able to achieve CTC clearance.
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
- Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus 8 bank holidays. You also have the option to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday per year
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 7.5% of salary, with life assurance
- Profession membership subscriptions - Subscription fees for one relevant professional institute per person per annum.
- Working from home and flexible work patterns
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
- Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.