We are currently looking for Electricians who’ll fit right in with our amazing crew of operatives. We're bold, ambitious and proud to admit it and there’s no better time to join Beyond Housing. We have gone through a significant period of growth and change and we’re looking for someone as brilliant as you to support us in completing repairs and renewals to tenanted properties and provide excellent standards of workmanship and customer service.
This will include managing personal bespoke van stocks and materials; meeting deadlines for appointments, and achieving targets for productivity. A level of flexibility and expertise will be required in completing the work ‘right first time’ with the minimum of supervision and need for follow on trades.
A key responsibility will also be to positively promote the company and a health & safety culture within the team ensuring risk assessments and safe working practices are adhered to.
You will help to deliver a wide range of services in relation to social housing repairs and maintenance, and provide a wide range of duties connected with the delivery of electrical repairs, renewals & maintenance including but not restricted to:
- Undertaking a range of electrical maintenance work including periodic inspections of domestic installations.
- To carry out day to day electrical fault finding and repairs, in tenanted and void properties. Providing out of hours cover on a rota basis and working as efficiently as possible to achieve excellent customer satisfaction results.
- Completing periodic inspections identifying faults and remedial action.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with relevant Risk Assessments, Legislation & Best Practice’s.
- Complete all necessary electrical documentation.
- Liaise with material & plant suppliers to ensure waste is minimised and Value for Money is maintained and improved.
- Mentor Apprentices & Volunteers in the day to day operational issues.
- Ensure services are delivered on time, within budget & completed to high quality standards.
- Carry out own inspections of vehicle & equipment to ensure safety & use is fit for purpose.
- Lead by example in promoting excellent customer service at all times.
- Promote & encourage continuous improvement within the Team.
- Use of a handheld device to complete timesheets, worksheets and Stop/Assess Assessments as necessary.
- Cover ‘Out Of Hours’ emergency repairs when required
Some of our services can be delivered in different working hours and patterns. We aim to be flexible in deliverying our services to customer, if you would like to work outside of the usual working hours, please contact Colin Graves, Compliance Team leader Electrical, 07881 860192.
Who is Beyond Housing?
Our story began in 2018 and we’d like you to be part of our future. With over 700 colleagues forming the Beyond Housing family, we cover 411 square miles with more than 15,000 homes, serving 30,000 customers. Our mission is simple; to provide homes customers want, services they value, delivered by people who care. We want to help our customers and communities to succeed and thrive. Considerate, collaborative, ambitious and accountable – that’s just our way of life.
Our offices are more than just the space we work in. We encourage inspiration, creativity and productivity in a relaxed and comfortable environment. We’re looking for people who are travelling in the same direction when it comes to the way we work, live our values and deliver our services. Our reward and recognition offer is pretty impressive too!
We have ambitious plans for further growth and impact, and we need the right people to take this leap with us. It may be challenging at times, but you can be assured that it is going to be rewarding and inspiring. After all, we are changing lives, every day, in all that we do.
Why choose us?
The team here at Beyond Housing genuinely care about the work we do to transform the lives of our customers. We think this is a pretty big reason to love your career at Beyond Housing, and that’s why our benefits package shows Beyond Housing genuinely cares about its teams too.
Our people are our best asset, so we want to make sure your wellbeing is the best it can be. Our responsibilities as an employer extend beyond the workplace, we want to make sure we can help and support you when you need it most.
So here goes:
- Flexible working patterns to suit your commitments
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Impressive salaries with incremental pay increases for most colleagues
- Competitive pension scheme with generous employer contributions
- Life assurance to look after your loved ones
- Health plan
- A much needed caffeine boost with free tea and coffee (and cordial for when you’re feeling parched)
- Cycle to work scheme (if you’ve got the legs for it)
- Annual cost of living pay rise
- Agile working – to give you that positive work life balance.
Colin Graves is our Electrical Compliance Team Leader so if you fancy a chat to find out more about the amazing work our Electricians do, why not give him a call on 07881 860192.
We are not working with recruitment agencies on this vacancy. Closing date for applications is Monday 25th January 2021