We are currently recruiting a key role for a time-served Electrician looking to join a leading manufacturer and supplier of construction materials. You will assist with the day to day maintenance, servicing and repair of production and machinery at our Torr Works Quarry, Shepton Mallet
You will be working on a quarry site alongside our maintenance department carrying out the service, inspection, installation and testing of electrical equipment incorporating plant, site buildings, consumables and cables. The completion of maintenance schedules and inspection and test certificates.
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary, plus bonus, 25 days holiday (with option to increase this to 35 days) and other benefits - all recognizing the contribution you bring. [Ensure you check the Bonus section of DocuSign as not all roles have a site bonus]
Be valued and supported, working as part of a highly respected team in a business that has a huge focus on Health & Safety.
Opportunities for career progression both at home and abroad (via our parent company Holcim).
An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business.
What will you bring?
- Working Knowledge of the Quarries Electrical Legislation and standards (EAW) 1989 and HSE Document Electrical Safety in Quarries
- Knowledge of IEE Wiring Regulations
- 18th Edition wiring regulations & City & Guild 2382 qualified
- Experience with fault finding and identification and repair. Work on a wide range of plant and equipment
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build effective working relations with others
- Completed mechanical & electrical apprenticeship or equivalent and be qualified NVQ L3 or equivalent in plant maintenance
Why join Aggregate Industries?
While you help us become a leader in innovative and sustainable construction solutions, we promise to help you grow in a dynamic working environment that offers attractive working conditions and encourages personal and professional development.
We are committed to building a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Find out how we are building progress on our Careers Website - https://www.aggregate.com/careers