Electro-Mechanical Workshop Foreman
Shoeburyness, Southend-on-Sea, SS3 9SR
As a qualified Electro-Mechanical Engineer, you will perform the duties as the Workshops Foreman to ensure the safe and efficient running of the services from the workshop. Leading a team of Engineers, the core function of this workshop is to keep the site's Explosive Waste Incinerators maintained and safely processing.
The practical functions of the position are to carry out reactive, preventative and planned mechanical and electrical maintenance of heavy plant machinery and equipment; in addition to fabrication and welding to support the firing range.
The supervisory/leadership elements are to plan and prioritise the team's workload (Responsible for a team of three Engineers) hosting team briefings and collaborating with the other Foremen on site to discuss site operations and ensure efficient and safe running at all times. You will be the team's point of contact for Health and Safety, managing it locally for the workshop. Administratively, tasks will involve completing and updating risk assessments and keeping up-to date electronic records for asset management and maintenance schedules.
Key Knowledge & Skills:
- Electro-Mechanical competencies
- Proven supervisory skills
- An understanding of hydraulics and pneumatics systems
- Strong fault finding, diagnostics and repair skills
- Experience maintaining/repairing heavy processing plant and equipment
- Understanding of workplace Health & Safety (ISOH Desirable)
- Competencies in PLC and Control systems (Desirable)
- Welding certification (Desirable)
Run and operated by QinetiQ as a centre of excellence for environmental testing of Ordnance, Munitions and Explosives (OME) and houses the largest Environmental Test Centre in the UK for the testing of Live stores as well as some unique demilitarisation facilities.
- Full-Time, Permanent Position
- Monday - Thursday 07:30 - 16:30
- Friday 07:30 - 12:30
- Relocation Package (If Applicable)
- Annual individual and company related performance bonuses
- Pension - Up to 10.5 % Company contributed
- Career development across a diverse International organisation
- Multiple health, leisure, childcare, medical and retail discounts
Why join us?
As a company of over 6,000 dedicated professionals we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there's never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success with QinetiQ is the appetite for innovation and courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges. Joining QinetiQ offers an opportunity to work on highly technical cutting-edge projects, enabling customers to protect, improve and advance their vital interests. We offer an opportunity to work across a broad range of interesting defence-based projects with vast career progression across a global organisation in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits.
If you feel you meet the criteria for this position and would like to be considered, please apply with your CV and a brief cover letter demonstrating your suitability for the position and we will be in contact