Job Title: Electronics Lecturer
Location: Lyneham, Wiltshire, GB, SN15 4XX
Compensation: Up to £44,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF40027
Here at Babcock International, we are looking for you to join our team based in Lyneham; to help with the delivery of lectures of course modules of electonic engineering. You will be responsible for providing trainees, with the required training and teaching; that will allow them to meet the academic standards required for career course training.
Who we are looking for?
We are ideally looking for an experienced Trainer predominately at HND trainer level with the ability to maintain credibility with customers at all levels including students and external awarding bodies. However, we are also, open to providing training to an indivudual; who's looking to move into lecturing / training, after either studying or working with Electronics.
What will you be doing?
As an Electronics Lecturer you will play a key role delivering several course engineering courses to students from age 17-35.
Your duties will include:
* Developing, preparing and delivering lectures on course modules in the wider Advanced Engineering Science Department in support of the DCTT EMTC.
* Preparing relevant teaching material, if necessary involving Media and Graphics Department input to provide relevant Advanced Engineering Science lectures and maintain personal CPD portfolio in respect of new technologies and techniques.
* Maintaining personal CPD portfolio in respect of new technologies and techniques ensuring that lecture guides and lessons are developed in accordance of the approved CTP. Act as an SME to review course content to ensure it is current and evolves to support advances in techniques and technologies using most appropriate teaching aids.
* Assessment of trainees to include: Creation of written examination and progress test papers; Creation of, assignments; devise and supervise projects; and monitor continuous assessments. Marking of examination papers, Setting and marking of course and homework, Invigilation of examination and assessments.
* Ensuring student development through monitoring, feedback appraisal, discipline and training interventions, ensuring all supporting documentation is maintained and that any special student developmental needs or program delays are flagged to the Leading Lecturer. Delivery of remedial teaching and revision as necessary.
* Student administration including course reports and student records. Attending Course Debriefs as required by your Line Manager.
The experience you'll bring
* You must hold or have the ability to obtain SC
* Ideally HND or equivalent, in a relevant engineering discipline for subjects being taught (Electronic Engineering, General electronics, or Radar, Electronic Control, Telecommunications, or Avionic Systems). For Foundation level (L1 - L3) academic modules.
* Ideally, expereince in working with Electronics.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* Share ownership scheme
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.