About the role:
Elimination of Waste is our brand of Continuous Improvement in Wastewater Treatment. We are looking to recruit an experienced continuous improvement and engagement professional who will drive, develop and be accountable for delivering the strategic continuous improvement plan by engaging our teams and driving change from the frontline through the Elimination of Waste Awareness Programme.
You will lead change on the awareness of continuous improvement and non value-added activities or ‘waste’ so that our teams are engaged on continuous improvement and elimination of financial waste becomes a way of doing business within Operations. Day to day duties will include:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Lead change and engage the frontline teams on continuous improvement
- Extend and accelerate the Elimination of Waste Awareness programme beyond the current 9 pilot sites to additional sites and teams
- Continuously improve and develop the programme, working with and acting on feedback from the frontline, ensuring that the plan is consistent, comprehensive and that the output is clearly articulated
- Ensure the frontline teams have appropriate support and are empowered to execute plans to eliminate financial waste
- Motivate teams to aggressively attack financial waste and share best practice and learning across Operations
- Identify opportunities to improve existing forums e.g. daily site huddles, including escalation and feedback loops to drive additional engagement across operations
- Drive a culture change on continuous improvement across all operational areas and act as a champion of change and continuous improvement
- Drive constantly improving business performance; monitor, track and report project benefits, progress and achievement of milestone
- Develop and deploy continuous improvement expertise
- Influence, coach and mentor teams and individuals on elimination of waste
- Work closely and collaboratively with key operations and business stakeholders
What’s in it for you:
- Proven track record of leading change through engagement in an operational business would be advantageous
- You will have excellent leadership experience with the capability to energise, motivate and drive people as this will be crucial in building relationships
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence and work collaboratively with all levels of an organisation to achieve improved engagement and business outcomes
- A proactive and self-driven approach is key, as is the ability to translate vision into strategic and tactical objectives that motivates delivery excellence
- A Continuous Improvement / Lean / Six Sigma qualification or equivalent experience would be beneficial
- Ability to deliver against stretching and timely operational targets
- A full UK driving licence is required
Our competitive salary and package include a competitive bonus, car allowance, private healthcare, an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday. There is also a wider benefits scheme which includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans and loyalty awards for continuous service plus discounts at a wide range of retailers via Benefits on Taps.
We’re proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Click here to find out more about working at Thames WaterAbout us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.