Job Title: Embedded Supportability Engineer
Location: Keynsham or Bristol or Faslane / Clyde, UK - Onsite
Compensation: £39,408 - £59,298 + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 37546
Creating change together
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as an Embedded Supportability Engineer at either our Keynsham, Bristol or Faslane / Clyde sites.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility.
Babcock International and Devonport
The Embedded Supportability Engineer role can be based at the site most local to you but, must be one of the following: Keynsham, Bristol or Faslane / Clyde.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
The difference our new Embedded Supportability Engineer will make
As an Embedded Supportability Engineer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. In this role you will be part of our programme, to design and build the replacement for the UK's Astute class nuclear submarine.
Day to day, you'll be influential in the decision making around the concept and design stage of submarines; you will be actively engaging with the Integrated Delivery Team (IDT) Leads and conducting a continual assessment of the functional and spatial design.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
* Be qualified to minimum of HNC in a STEM discipline (e.g. Mechanical, Electrical, System, Data or Maths). Experience in lieu of formal education would be considered.
* Ability to logically decompose multi-faceted problems through a supportability lens.
* Ability to innovate and apply new approaches to spatial integration problems through a supportability lens.
* Knowledge and experience of operating within Industrial Partner organisations.
* Experience working in support with complex assets.
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
* Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
* Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 5% of salary up to 8%, with life assurance
* Employee share scheme - save tax and national insurance on shares, with 1 free share per 10 purchased
* Employee shopping savings portal
* Employment development allowance - £125 per year
* Payment of Professional Fees
* Reward and Recognition Scheme linked to Health and Safety
* Working from home and flexible work patterns
* Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.