HMP Forest Bank are currently recruiting for a Employment and Careers Advisor to gain employment, further education or training for residents as they leave Forest Bank. To be successful in this role you will have excellent communication skills, previous experience in a similar role and a Level 4 qualification or above in Information Advice and Guidance or equivalent.
Opportunities for learning and developing work-ready skills are on offer for all who come in to custody, but our commitment to reducing reoffending in local communities does not end at the prison gate. We support people released from custody through innovative partnerships in substance misuse services in Bury and Oldham, working with people to maintain recovery and lead law-abiding lives.HMP Forest Bank serves the courts of Greater Manchester and maintains strong links to the local community with a focus on resettlement. We aim to deliver quality of life services and support people to change their lives for the better.
As well as the 16 residential units on site, there is a healthcare centre, gym, library, workshop complex, visits hall, chaplaincy and kitchen. The prison's capacity stands at 1,460, holding adult men both on remand or sentenced and young prisoners between the ages of 18-21 years.
For more information on working in Justice within Sodexo please see Careers in Justice Job Description
Benefits including 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays), pension, discounted health cover, subsidised gym membership, free meals on duty and free on-site parking.
Salary £26,793 per annum
Hours of work will be:
- Monday 8.15am to 5.30pm
- Tuesday to Thursday 8am to 5.30pm
- Friday 8am to 11.45am
- Encourage residents on their induction to take up learning and skills with a view to it enhancing their employment prospects on release.
- Work with residents near to the end of their sentence to help them to write CVs, practice interview techniques and make real job applications.
- Work with partners such as the wider Sodexo and New Futures network in securing interviews and jobs for residents on release.
- Identify residents who would be able to work with our established partners on release.
- Encourage, help and assist residents who wish to apply for live jobs.
- Assist residents who were employed prior to release to maintain current employment through contact with the employer where possible.
**see full job description below**The Ideal Candidate
About The Company
- Have experience in this area of work
- Have a level 4 qualification or above in Information Advice and Guidance or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills and to be IT literate.
- Experience of working with adults with varying levels of abilities in all settings within the establishment
- Experience of working with or liaising with a range of stakeholders including OMU, Through the Gate, New Futures Network, Achieve, Job Centre Plus, Education, Industries, Cleaners, Kitchens, FM and gym.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and workloads in order to meet deadlines and achieve targets
- Open minded and positive attitude, with the ability to co-ordinate, enthuse and motivate
- Ideal experience of custodial settings
- Understanding of diverse groups
- Ability to be flexible and have a dynamic approach to delivery
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We're a Disability Confident Leader employer. We're committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 5 years' worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.