RFEA – The Forces Employment Charity is looking for a highly motivated Employment Advisor to join its Ex-Forces Employment Team team in the East Midlands. Working on behalf of the Ex Forces Employment Programme.
The successful applicant will have a track record of providing employment and job finding support. A strong customer focus and an ability to work independently to achieve targets and deadlines is an essential requirement along with strong communication and organising skills, knowledge of the local employment market, training and adult education opportunities.
NVQ Level 4 in Advice & Guidance is highly desirable but not essential as training will be given.
- Provide advice and guidance to support veterans into employment.
- Develop links with local and regional businesses and business forums to develop relationships with Corporate Mentors and to provide enhanced local level employment opportunities, working collaboratively with Employer Relationship Managers (ERMs).
- Facilitate veterans to access suitable training courses, employment support grants and work placements.
- Link with local and regional Ex Armed Forces support agencies initiatives to create a flow of veterans requiring employment support. This will include as a minimum creating working relationships with Armed Forces Charities and DWP and regional Armed Forces Champions (including Armed Forces Covenant groups).
- Empathy with Armed Forces personnel and an understanding of the challenges they face.
- Strong networking skills and the enthusiasm and ability to create relationships that will support the work of RFEA.
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work largely unsupervised within a multi-disciplinary environment dedicated to achieving successful outcomes for veterans.
- Extensive experience in blended provision of support.
- Clean driving licence and exclusive use of a car.
- Demonstrable experience of supporting adults into employment.
- Existing network of regional and local organisations who support the Armed Forces Community.
- Existing LinkedIn network of veterans and individuals within Armed Forces Charities, statutory organisations and employers.
- A good understanding of the employment market, including recruitment, welfare to work provision, work-based learning and vocational training.
What we offer
- Competitive annual salary of £27,500
- Generous annual leave (25 days + bank holidays + Birthday Grant Leave)
- 4% Pension Contribution
- Training and development opportunities
This role is full time (35 Hours per Week) and attracts a competitive Salary package £27,500 plus benefits depending on experience. Job satisfaction is guaranteed.
To apply, please submit a Covering Letter and CV. Closing date for the position is Midnight Tuesday 5th July 2022. Interviews are scheduled to be shortly after.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake Enhanced Barring Service checks and Ministry of Defence security clearance, which requires applicants to have been resident in the UK for the last 5 years.