Hours per week- 37.5
Trident Group has over 50 years’ experience of delivering homes, services and innovation for up to 8,000 people in over 3,400 homes in some of the most disadvantaged communities in the Midlands. It employs more than 850 staff, works with many volunteers and provides training places and apprenticeships as part of the employment package. The Group has an annual turnover of more than £34m and owns assets close to £186m.
The Group consists of;
- Trident Housing, which provides landlord services for the Group in respect of housing management and maintenance
Trident Reach, which is a registered care and support charity providing services to those who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, and those who have been victims of domestic abuse across all age groups across
About the role
The Employer Engagement Coordinator is responsible for supporting the successful placement of PURE participants into education, training and sustainable employment. This role is responsible for the coordination of employer engagement activities that will identify, develop and secure employer partnerships with strong long-term potential. You will support the development of an employer engagement strategy, focussing on new business development and local labour market opportunities, with a focus on local and regional growth sectors.
- Identify and develop a strong pipeline of local employers to secure appropriate employment opportunities for vulnerable people and to establish and address any specific employer requirements prior to work placements commencing.
- Broker large scale initiatives with regional and national employers including those under contract for goods and services for both the local authority and partner agencies (and their supply chains) to develop pathways into employment, including work experience placements and volunteering.
- To work effectively in partnership with employers to deliver an embedded support service to ensure that issues in the workplace are swiftly and effectively resolved and that participants are sustained in employment.
- To support employers to develop interventions, pathways and opportunities to disadvantaged clients that will enable them to access the workplace via placement or employment at the earliest opportunity.
- To work effectively and in partnership with employers, agencies and services to deliver a joined-up service to support client’s into employment.
- To work closely with employer engagement structures and Intervention Workers to manage the transition into employment of disadvantaged people.
- Develop and deliver in conjunction with Intervention Workers, intensive work focussed pre-employment and appropriate post-employment pastoral support and mentoring.
- To facilitate and run a minimum of 2 employment focussed workshops for applicants per week focussing on regional and local growth sectors and employment opportunities
- To carry a small caseload of job ready clients and deliver intensive employment focussed activity to prepare them to enter the labour market e.g. Interview coaching, Confidence building, preparation for the world of work etc
- To support participants and employer’s progression using a mix of holistic support, challenge and mentoring techniques, keeping a focus on achieving sustainable employment and/or training/education always.
- To participate in the development and delivery of a target driven service that is accountable, and outcome focussed and to monitor weekly outcomes and produce regular reports to summarise employer engagement activities and achievement on agreed KPI’s
- Possess a robust knowledge of employment related and wider social and economic issues and barriers that client’s face in accessing employment and experience in addressing these effectively
- A sound knowledge of partner agencies that support client’s in the local area and regional and local employment trends and growth sectors
- Possess and maintain an understanding of DWP processes and requirements that some clients are likely to be subject to
- Possess a robust knowledge and experience of employability and employer focussed job support
- Able to demonstrate and role model essential employability behaviours and experience in motivating others
- Experience in supporting clients on a one-to-one basis. Demonstrable ability to appropriately apply mentoring and coaching techniques within a solution led approach to the worker/participant relationship.Experience is valued as much accredited qualifications within these roles.However, as a guide we would expect as a minimum that the Employer Engagement Coordinator will demonstrate the capacity to achieve targets and results and can operate within a payment by results environment.
- Applicants must be willing to undertake a DBS criminal records check
- Undertake a managerial course in Leadership if not already in-place
All applications must be accompanied with a current CV which will be used to assess your suitability for the role. Please ensure all the skills, experience and qualifications requested are clearly demonstrated in your CV as explained in the body of the advert.
All applicants must provide their right to work documentation at interview stage, such as a valid passport which will be verified to check your eligibility to work and live in the UK.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from Disclosure and barring service (DBS).