Our Industrial & Commercial Energy Sales and Solutions department is looking for an experienced Energy Solutions Business Development Manager to join our Energy Solutions team. As the Business Development Manager, you'll be responsible for developing and concluding business energy solution opportunities within selected markets, focusing on building long-term partnerships with large strategic clients.
On a project by project basis, you'll lead all phases of the development, structuring and negotiation of solutions projects through to contract signature. You'll also be responsible for the handover to construction and project delivery teams as well as managing existing client relationships as needed. You'll play a pivotal role in achieving the relevant business targets including EBIT and future pipeline.
Other Key responsibilities include:
- Accountability for selling the energy solutions portfolio to key strategic customers across targeted industry sectors within the UK.
- Ownership of the design, development, analysis and interpretation of the project investment case and financial modelling, assessing, mitigating and reporting project/investment risks.
- Leading and co-ordinating a virtual project team including representatives from the wider Solutions team, interfacing with colleagues in EIS Commercial, Finance and Legal to create complex investment proposals.
- Driving the project development process end to end, seeking/directing expertise from internal stakeholders as required to ensure business targets and investment parameters are met.
- Managing the negotiation and execution of bespoke customer contracts, including actively leading customer facing negotiations and co-ordinating the support of Legal where required.
- Proactively build credibility by continually developing technical, industry, segment and market knowledge.
- Accountability for the overall contribution to I&C Solutions EBITDA for each project.
- Identifying, understanding and communicating client's specific needs to drive the development of solutions tailored to the organisation's requirements.
- Strong sales, bid development and client management experience, successfully positioning & selling appropriate technical solutions to large strategic accounts.
- Proven ability to drive the development process from plan to close, to enable scalable growth with quality, efficiency, and predictability of revenue.
- First class negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to develop and effectively deliver professional sales proposals.
- Creative problem solver with proven ability to combine technical, commercial and legal awareness with project management skills to ensure successful delivery of energy solutions investments.
- Excellent commercial acumen.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to make effective risk-based decisions within sphere of authority.
- Understands and has experience working with the UK sustainability agenda, strategy and polices; and servicing our target clients / market segments.
- Proven inter-personal and effective communication skills, with the ability to understand and influence those parties that will be delivering the end customer solution.
- A flexible multi-tasker, able to cope with constantly changing priorities and environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with proficiency in MS Office, including strong Excel skills