Job Title: Enterprise Architect
Compensation: Competitive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID 44583
We are looking for an experienced IT professional with experience in system architecture to help translate business needs into IT solutions. The enterprise architect's responsibilities include optimizing business operations and setting the direction and approach for integrating information applications and programs.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced IT professional with experience in system architecture. You should be a strong communicator, as you will be liaising with senior stakeholders, as well as operational teams. You should have a high capability to work on your own initiative and manage your own workloads.
To be successful as an enterprise architect, you should have excellent technical, analytical, and project management skills. You should also have strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
What will you be doing?
You will engage with the business, working with them on bids and planning strategy for required IT solutions for future projects (applications, cost etc.) You will:
- Liaise with senior stakeholders and business partners on a regular basis; Evaluate internal functions, business development strategies, and IT processes and suggesting improvements
- Work with technical architects to produce first stage concept designs to present to stakeholders; Creating business architecture models to reflect the value stream strategies and goals and creating and implementing business visions and goals.
- Evaluating systems engineering, talent recruiting, and accounting models for discrepancies and vulnerabilities
- Suggesting ideas to reduce costs in IT and business leadership
- Ensuring the efficiency, security, and support of the organization's goals.
- Creating methods for compliance architecture, such as data storage, metadata management, and change control
- Determining and implementing build versus buy strategies, mentor personnel, and create views of the overall business strategy
- Working with bid teams to ensure maximum utilisation of existing capability delivered at lowest possible cost to the bid
The experience you'll bring
- Background in IT architecture; previous experience as solution or technical architect
- Project management experience is desirable, as is Prince 2 or similar qualification
- You should also have experience with the following concepts: Roadmaps, strategy, business architecture, compliance architecture
- You should have worked in a highly regulated industry in the public sector; military experience would be beneficial.
- Technical qualifications such as MCSE, CCNA, TOGAF would all be beneficial.
- You will be required to achieve 'SC' security clearance
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.