- Job Reference: 00002066-1
- Date Posted: 26 December 2019
- Employer: Telefónica S.A.
- Website: https://www.o2.co.uk
- Location: Slough, Buckinghamshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: I.T. & Communications
Here at O2 we're developing our long term Data, Analytics and AI strategy, integrated with our wider business transformation. We're focusing on delivering our objective of having "Data at the Core", enabling our evolution through advanced data and analytics. We're expanding our capability in exciting ways, and we have a number of high profile opportunities for people who are passionate about data and data science to join us, and help us on our journey to developing advanced and transformational analytics.
About the Team:
We are transforming our business by putting data driven insight at the heart of everything we do.
The Data Enablement Team is an important part of our newly defined Data & Analytics Strategy, driving data to the core of O2 to ensure right time insights to empower our leaders and our business to make better and quicker decisions. The team focuses on both the Value of Data (working with Business Leaders) and the Protection of Data (working with IT and Legal).
We have c.20m customers and a wealth of structured and unstructured data including (but not limited to):
• Transactions and billing
• Detailed customer call records (millions per day)
• Usage of our loyalty programme (million per month)
• Geographical data (millions of points per day)
• Profitability of each customer
• Network usage.
You will have the opportunity of joining a growing team working on some challenging and fascinating problems in a data rich environment.
The Senior Manager, 4th Platform & URM is part of the new Data Enablement Team and reports to the Head of the Data Enablement. The role is responsible for supporting the implementation of the TEF Group 4th Platform solution and its associated Universal Reference (Data) Model.
The role is also responsible for supporting colleagues, particularly in Marketing & DI&A, in making the switch from the current campaign-oriented approach to marketing, to the Next-Best Action-oriented approach.
The role requires strong collaborative working skills to built and maintain relationships with different stakeholders: from Marketing & Sales colleagues, through IT / BI colleagues, to the 4th Platform team.
• Supporting the implementation of the TEF Group 4th Platform into business marketing, sales, service and general customer management activities, in partnership with TEF Group CDO 4th Platform team
• Supporting the implementation of the associated Universal Reference (Data) Model into business marketing, sales, service and general customer management activities, in partnership with TEF Group CDO 4th Platform team
• Supporting marketing, sales, service and general customer management colleagues to identify, design and specify Next-Best Activities, in partnership with TEF Group 4th Platform team
• Supporting marketing, sales, service and general customer management colleagues to manage the change from a campaign-oriented approach to marketing towards a Next-Best Activity-oriented approach, in partnership with TEF Group 4th Platform team
Skills & experience:
• Enthusiastic and energised about marketing personalisation, marketing technologies and managing business change, with experience of delivering complex topics in an understandable way to a senior managerial level audience,
• Leading real and virtual teams focused on marketing personalisation, marketing technologies and managing business change on a National/£Multi-Million scale.
• Capable of working with senior managerial level colleagues across a business and with colleagues in a Group organisation.
Salary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits that could include a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica's commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you'll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There's so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.