Salary: Competitive plus Veolia benefits
Location: Area 6 Oceanic Way, Marchwood Industrial Park, Marchwood, SO40 4BD
Hours: 40 hours per week - Monday to Friday
We live in a world that needs to take care of its resources, and our mission at Veolia is to 'Resource the World'. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Trainee Site Chemist to join the team at Veolia, Marchwood.
This position would suit someone looking to expand their career options in the exciting and growing environmental sector by contributing towards Veolia's purpose of ecological transformation and at the same time study towards a degree as an alternative to the traditional university route.
What we can offer you;
- 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- Access to our company pension scheme
- Free physiotherapy service
- Discounts on everything from groceries to well known retailers
- Access to a range of resources to support your physical, mental and financial health; so you can lean on us whenever you need to
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, allowing you to reach your full potential
What will you be doing?
- Work under the direction of a senior Chemist covering water treatment and hazardous waste tasks
- Help to ensure the site and plant operates in a safe and compliant manner.
- Analyse incoming bulk liquid into the plant, plus daily laboratory analysis of waste treatment liquids, ensuring compliance before discharge to sewer.
- Analyse incoming Hazardous Waste into the site Transfer Station for compliance against agreed waste specifications.
- Allocate recycling and disposal routes for incoming material, ensuring all legal requirements for environmental protection are complied with.
What are we looking for?
- A minimum of A-Level in Chemistry or equivalent.
Apply today, so we can make a difference for generations to come.
We're proud to be listed in The Sunday Times Best Places to Work 2023, being named as a Top 10 Very Big Organisation and Highly Commended as a workplace for 55+.
Here at Veolia, we're proud to be known as an equal opportunities employer. We know how important it is to be fully committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive place to work for every one of our colleagues. So no matter their age, gender, gender expression, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexuality or veteran status, every applicant who meets the minimum requirements will be considered fully.