Here at E.ON we deliver a range of energy solutions including District Heating Schemes, onsite generation and highways lighting. We want to help our customers take control of their energy and we're always looking for new and improved ways of doing things. We work across a variety of industries using the latest technology to help build a better energy future. In the UK, City Energy Solutions & Generation has 9 power plants / CHP sites and over 64 district heating sites, with more under construction
As an Environment Compliance Advisor, you'll provide technical environmental compliance subject matter expertise, mainly focusing on environmental permitting and consenting requirements, meeting business demand for environmental compliance support. You'll also provide expert technical environmental advice to support E.ONs businesses in meeting their regulatory environmental requirements and liaise with the external regulators/auditors/compliance scheme operators as required
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain tools and systems needed to determine and report on environmental compliance activities
- Contribute to the delivery of CO2 emissions verification and surrender of corresponding allowances for all activities under the UK Emissions Trading Scheme (UK ETS).
- Maintaining technical knowledge of relevant environmental legislation both current and planned
- Supporting specific environmental compliance processes as directed
- Representing E.ON in cross-industry working groups as required
- Acting with the delegated authority of the Senior Environmental Advisor when nominated
- Maintaining competency on specialised areas of subject matter expertise.
- Support the implementation of an integrated management system approach to deliver continuous environmental improvement
- Provide environmental expertise to support incident response and investigation as required
- Provide technical input to support the management of environmental related contracts and contractors as necessary
- A relevant degree, or equivalent, in an appropriate discipline.
- An understanding of relevant environmental legislation and regulation sufficient to be able to deliver effective environmental subject matter expertise in an Energy Solutions Business.
- Planning and organising skills to include effective prioritising, and a commitment to personal development.
- Working knowledge of policies and procedures which affect the management of the business activities relevant to the role
- Project management and planning skills, with ability to meet committed deadlines
- Attention to detail with experience of data analysis and report writing
- Full EU/UK Driver's license required
It would be great if you had:
- An understanding of relevant British Standards e.g. ISO 14001
- An understanding of environmental risks associated with construction and development projects
- An awareness of HAZID/ENVID, HAZOP processes
- An awareness of environmental planning processes
- Incident investigation experience