Environmental Health Team Leader – Safety Team
As a Team Leader in the Environmental Health safety team, you can make a powerful contribution to residents and businesses across North West Leicestershire. Responsible for leading the operational delivery of a range of key frontline services including food hygiene, workplace health and safety and port health, you’ll ensure that the customer is at the heart of everything you do.
Effectively supervising five EHOs / Food Safety Officers you will be able to manage multiple workstreams and meet agreed outcomes. As well as having a well-developed knowledge of environmental health issues, thinking on your feet and problem solving across a range of disciplines will be second nature to you. In addition to the usual workload we can offer you the opportunity to lead the safety aspects of the world renowned Download music festival and deliver port health services at East Midlands airport, the UKs largest pure cargo airport.
Interested...? Take a look at the job pack online or please feel free to get in touch with Lee Mansfield our Environmental Health Team Manager firstname.lastname@example.org , 01530 454610, who will be happy to discuss this important and exciting role.
• 36.25 hrs per week with an annual salary of up to £45,441 (includes 2 market supplements, to be reviewed January 2028)
• Agile working scheme with a combination of home and office working
• 34 days holiday per year (including bank holidays) increasing to 38 after 5 years local government service
• Attractive Local Government Pension Scheme with at least 25% employer’s contribution
• Employee benefits programme including payback on medical, dental and optical expenses
• Continued training and development opportunities
You can apply for any of our posts online at https://www.nwleics.gov.uk/pages/jobs_and_careers
Applications must be made using the on-line application process.
Disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the job will be guaranteed an interview.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Closing Date: 29 February 2024