Environmental Management Specialist
You will provide Environmental Management skills to external defence-related clients and internal QinetiQ clients and to assist in the development of business growth. Tasking will be provided and supervised by the Project Manager and a Senior Environmental Lead, though a degree of self-starter experience will be an advantage.
This role encompasses all defence domains (air, land, maritime, weapons) but the candidate is not required to have knowledge of all these domains.
- Deliver defined artefacts and advice in support of projects to our clients. Artefact production will cover a range of support, from procurement of new equipment, assessment of In-service equipment, support to QinetiQ trials at our Ranges and Environmental Case Development.
- Present deliverables to Chief Engineers and Programme Managers at formal review milestones.
- Support production of delivery plans with programme managers and customers.
- Application of environmental management theories, concepts, practices and principles to resolve technical and performance issues for a platform, product or service.
- Delivering Environmental Screening and Scoping workshops with a range of external attendees.
- Ensure that work tasks are delivered to the specified time, cost, required quality standards and any other specifications given.
Environmental Science/Management (or related) degree or equivalent.
Understanding of the Best Practicable Environmental Option is essential.
Desirable Areas of Environmental Management knowledge are; Environmental aspects and impacts identification, screening and scoping, environmental legislation compliance, environmental impact assessment process, sustainable procurement, hazardous materials management, Technical Dossier development and general EMS experience such as the application of ISO14001:2015.
Understanding of working with DE&S stakeholders and processes is desirable (ASEMS / POEMS / DEF STAN 00-051).
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world's most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don't you join some of the world's finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?