Reporting to the Operations Manager and working as part of the SEC Food Operations Team, and working alongside venue colleagues and partners, to support and execute the delivery of all event catering operations and associated services at the Scottish Event Campus (SEC), you will support the Operations Manager to lead the delivery of the catering operation within Conferences, Exhibitions and Live Entertainment.
You will work closely with clients, event organisers and colleagues to drive an excellent level of Food, Beverage and Service delivery. Building positive relationships with existing and potential clients in a commercial manner ensuring compliance and company policies are adhered to.
Leading by example - you will have a strong eye for the training and development of the Front of House team and developing a team of Supervisors to support the operational needs of the business.
Embracing the venue mission, Best Venues, Best People, Best Events. By adopting core values for teamwork and collaboration you will share a passion for providing an excellent visitor experience. What we'll give:
- £28,000 per annum, 40 hours per week
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
The Scottish Event Campus (SEC) features the SEC Centre- five interconnected exhibition and meeting spaces, the iconic 3,000 seat SEC Armadillo and our most recent addition, The SSE Hydro - a 14,300 capacity concert, sporting and special events arena. With its infinite flexibility, the campus has gone from strength to strength and, with planned expansion and development, will continue to position Glasgow on the world stage. The SSE Hydro is consistently ranked in the top three busiest arenas globally, attracting more than a million visitors annually. More about the role:
You will build and maintain trusting and collaborative relationships with SEC Conference, Exhibition and Live Entertainment teams, whilst assisting in the operational delivery in relation to Conference, Exhibitions and Live Entertainment
Your role will include managing client and contractual relationships in a commercial manner whilst ensuing we are true partners in their business whilst engaging with support functions, internal and external stakeholders, and suppliers, controlling costs & driving sales growth ensuring delivery of key financial targets.
You will demonstrate commercial value to your direct reports, Line Manager and Leadership teams in line with the one Compass vision, values, and overall business strategy, and actively work to identify key competitors and work to drive innovation within the Conference and Exhibitions sector to ensure we stay ahead of the game.
Required skills & experience:
- Extensive experience in a demanding, high volume, multi-purpose venue
- Management experience within Conference, Banqueting & Exhibitions
- Managerial experience in leading and inspiring operational teams to deliver results.
- Time management is key along with the ability to work with short and long-term deadlines as well as identify key milestones within event preparation and execution.
- Ability to build relationships with a range of internal / external clients and stakeholders
- Ability to lead others with differing levels of experiences, a diverse experience
- Engaging, enthusiastic, sociable and motivated
- Ability to make decisions to benefit the business and exceed client expectations
- Able to influence and operate at all stakeholder levels
- Knowledge of and experience within Food, Beverage & Service Industry
- Personal Licence Holder, awareness of local licensing laws
- Experience and awareness of retail operations within venues / stadia
- Experience of working within and the ability to support and drive a changing environment.
- Experience of working with and managing large teams
- Computer Literate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you are ready for the next stage in your career, looking for a fast paced hands on role dealing with a range of clients and guests, and working for a world leader in legendary experiences, who partners with one of Europe's most prestigious venue's then please contact us for a further confidential discussion regarding this opportunity. Who you are:
You will have a restaurant service/delivery, conference, banqueting or exhibitions background as an Assistant Manager or equivalent and show experience in leading and inspiring operational teams to deliver results.
A decision maker, enthusiastic, engaging and motivated. You will have knowledge of the food and beverage industry and extensive experience in a demanding, high volume, multipurpose venue. Who we are:
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.