Event Manager - National Railway Museum
As Events Operations Manager you will be hands on role. Your duties will include:-
Overall responsibility for delivering excellent service in a fast paced quality C&E operations with key segments of weddings, Client events and small meetings, ensuring the highest standards and excellent customer service.
Who you are:
- Working closely with General Manager and Sales Manager
- Lead and manage a large variable team
- Train and develop and upskill the team and looking at PDP to ensure we promote and grow within
- Compile rotas in line with budget and business needs making sure we are not over or understaffed
- Manage customer feedback forum and putting action plans together
- Oversee the delivery of all C&E bookings making sure we upsell and fully understand the C&E requirements
- Administration of bookings using the Delphi system, making sure all customer/client are accurate
- Will be required to undertake Duty Manager shifts, as part of the senior management team
- Maintain a professional relationship with the internal teams to ensure the smooth running of the C&E department. Building relationships with external suppliers
- Maintaining the Health and Safety standards for the safe handling of food, and the correct use and storage of equipment/ facilities.
Who we are:
- Ensuring all conferences are fully set and that adequate staff are on site before guests arrive.
- You will be responsible for day to day conference and events business liaising with the on the day client to ensure the operation is delivered to the highest standards and leading the variable team to ensure all aspects of the event preparation and catering delivery are met.
- To liaise with the events operations team to ensure all events are planned for and delivered to the highest standard.
- To exceed customer and client expectations by demonstrating a positive and flexible attitude to requests, especially under pressure
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.