As our Event Planner you will report to the Sales Manager and work as part of the Rangers/Levy Commercial Team, and alongside venue colleagues and partners, coordinate the sale of all food, beverage and associated services at Rangers Football Club.
You will work with organisers to plan and coordinate the food and beverage requirements for their event whilst maximising on all commercial opportunities.
You will build positive relationships with existing and potential clients, identifying key requirements, budgets and expectations, proposing the most appropriate solution, finalising these requirements, and ensuring a full and timely handover of information to the key stakeholders.
You may also be required to support other departments, including but not limited to our front of house operations. What we'll give:
More about the role:
- £28,200 per annum, 40 hours per week
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
- Medicash healthcare
- Eyecare vouchers
- Free parking
- Free food and beverage during working hours
Who you are:
- Be the owner of the BEO process on venue and accurately and efficiently complete for all events
- Ensure that all revenue opportunities are captured and to work to achieving confirmed business from all opportunities
- Ensure a daily liaison plan is in place with relevant proactive, reactive sales and operational team members
- Ensure that all relevant information is inputted correctly within the system for measurement of results in accordance with SOP's/Levy Signatures
- Ensure that the sales team whether onsite or in Parklands, are kept informed of the guest experience following the event so as follow up calls are informed and relevant for the guest
- Be the go-to at venue level for sponsors and client requests
- Ensure the safe and secure operation of all operational activities on behalf of all stakeholders
- Ensure that all legislative and venues operational procedures and standards are applied to provide a consistent and safe service and product for all Compass employees and customers
- Demonstrate a can-do attitude towards individual customer requests and strive to exceed customer expectations
- Maximise all sales opportunities / leads to support in achieving revenue targets
- Acquire a good knowledge of all products and services offered by the venue in order to be able to advise individual customers
- Conduct all customer show rounds to maintain and develop relationships with customers
- Communicate with the sales team on the conclusion of the show rounds, providing vital information so as the booking can be confirmed and queries resolved expediently
- Always look out for opportunities to develop our service
- As part of our commitment for continuous improvement and innovation, all colleagues are encouraged to seek ways to improve work activities and promote efficiencies
Who we are:
- By adopting our core values for teamwork and collaboration the candidate should share our passion for providing excellent visitor experience
- You should act as a role model and set an example for our team and the wider business
- You will have a passion for the events industry, be an effective communicator and have a sound, demonstrable knowledge of food and drink
- A self-confident, approachable individual who can prioritise, excellent organisational and time management skills
- You will hold a professional and confident telephone manner and have proficiency in the use of Delphi system
- Achieving compliance, customer feedback and complaint handling will also be part of your role
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.