Are you an experienced recruiter within the hospitality or catering industry? Do you have experience recruiting for a major venue or stadium in London? If so, our Levy UK business has a brilliant opportunity for a Event Staffing Manager to join us onsite at the Excel Exhibition Centre in London!
Levy UK is the name behind legendary experiences and powerful partnerships with the UK's most iconic and unique venues; we are proud to be working with the ExCeL Exhibition Centre. ExCeL London Hospitality delivers a modern vision of venue hospitality, putting food and drink at the heart of the visitor experience. A simple philosophy of creating more choice and new places to eat has helped in reducing queue times; enabling delegates to spend more time at their event or conference. In 2016, we introduced 12 food and drink options on its central Boulevard - a mixture of high street names and bespoke concepts.
For more information on this fantastic venue, please do click here ! Job Description
- Up to £27,000 depending on experience
- 5 out of 7 days
- Opportunity to progress and grow within Levy and the Compass Group
As our Events Staffing Manager, you will oversee and manage all casual retail recruitment for ExCel London Hospitality, developing and maintaining a progressive recruitment strategy and utilising all available resources. You will have the following responsibilities and accountabilities:
The Ideal Candidate
- To develop a high performing culture by supporting the team, which includes any temporary members of staff you may have dealings with
- Manage the maintenance and co-ordination of the recruitment and training plan in line with local demographic trends. Ensuring efficient job advertising and timely interviews/assessments.
- To support and guide recruitment team members at all times with particular reference to their respective area of responsibility
- Ensure that all staff receive a full induction and relevant training on joining the Company, that sets them up to succeed and deliver
- To identify opportunities to develop talent within the venues succession plan
- To attend and actively contribute to all meetings, ensuring that all briefing session material is cascaded as appropriate
- To work within all given budget parameters, accurately forecasting performance
- To analyse, interpret and relate statistical payroll data to operational performance, identifying any problem areas and business opportunities
- Challenge and continually review variable labour specifications within all areas to assess cost effectiveness
- Explore new and diverse ways of recruiting and retaining a database of staff; commanding loyalty as much as possible in order to grow a large, reliable and professional team
- To reduce agency labour costs throughout, through innovative recruitment projects and the successful sharing of staff across all venues
- To plan the induction, training and familiarisation for all new casual workers and employees in conjunction with the operational management team
- To ensure the staff database is managed, maintained and utilised to its fullest
- To ensure that all staff are booked, confirmed, checked in and allocated to specific areas for each function or event, focusing on the correct skill matches and levels of experience
- Liaise with Recruitment Agencies to book quality staff where necessary
- Ensure sufficient uniform is available for every operational day in accordance with client requests
- To support the management team with other general office duties relating to the successful operation of the catering department in any reasonable way possible
To be right for us, you will ideally have previous experience providing staffing solutions in a venue or events based environment. You will ideally have experience or knowledge in the following areas:
About The Company
- Experience of providing casual staff in a catering or hospitality environment
- Dealt with large volume recruitment of casual, hospitality staff
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK& I and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.
Please note: This vacancy may close before the advertised end date.