ESS Executive Chef Government Services
ESS Support Services Worldwide, part of Compass Group UK and Ireland, is the defence, government, offshore and remote business sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. It provides food and support services to major companies and organisations operating in remote sites, defence, central and local government departments, police, prisons & offshore sectors
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and experienced Executive Chef. You will be responsible for working with Unit Managers, Head Chefs and unit based culinary teams to deliver a consistently exceptional level of food service across a variety of high profile Central London sites, to ensure consistency and quality of the food offer is continuously improved and food sales are increased. You will also be responsible for all high level hospitality across the Government Services sector More about the role:
Who you are:
- To drive consistency, support innovation and maintain excellent standards of execution and customer experience with our food offer
- To continually monitor food service in all units to ensure consumers receive outstanding food and service.
- To support the strategic aims and objectives of the Culinary Director within the role
- To liaise with Menu and Recipe managers within Compass Group to develop fit for purpose Consumer-led menus for all contracts
- Culinary lead at all high-profile hospitality events (presence required).
- Responsible for developing plans to improve Food Sales and Margin and implementing them in conjunction with Site GMs, Head Chefs & culinary team.
- Provide support to unit managers with manpower and succession and training activity relating to chefs
- To proactively develop and continually improve client relationships.
- To manage a skills development program throughout the business
- To enforce the company purchasing policy.
- To deliver projects accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Support sector supply chain initiatives
- Provide advice to sector teams on Craft matters
- Prepare and deliver presentations using initiative and creativity
- Provide support to sales and re-tender process, including mobilisations and demobilisations where applicable
- Support Compass Group at Regional, National and International events
Who we are:
- Passion for great food and excellent service delivery
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding culinary skills
- Professional, organised, presentable, efficient and self motivated with a sense of humour
- An excellent communicator at all levels
- Able to demonstrate an up to date knowledge of service and food trends
- Ability to work on own initiative but within a framework
- Able to deliver presentations to all levels confidently and accurately
- Financially astute with regards to food costing and margin management
- Experience in training of culinary skills at a range of levels
- Able to demonstrate an understanding for the diverse feeding requirements across the Defence & Government Services sector
- Experience in supporting IT programmes eg menu planning tools, online ordering systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications including; MS Teams, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Flexibility to travel to sites with occasional overnight stays if required
- Willingness to support the sub-sectors within ESS including Offshore and Defence when required
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.