Executive Chef - Leicester
Monday - Friday (Occasional Evenings & Weekends)
Salary - Up to £40,000 per annum
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Executive Chef, responsible for providing culinary support . This support will include delivering special events, training of culinary teams, monitoring and maintenance of culinary standards, monitoring compliance with Compass procedures and systems, sales and retention presentations and support for client functions.
If you are an innovative and creative Executive Chef or Development Chef, passionate about using top quality fresh ingredients, and looking for a role which can offer both work life balance and career development - Apply now ! More about the role:
Who you are:
- Plan, organise and direct the preparation and cooking of food ensuring that the company's reputation for quality is enhanced with customers and clients at all times
- Taking responsibility for the food production with a hands-on approach
- Possess an exceptional drive for quality for Hospitality events
- Driving sales through centrally driven menu planning and promotions and preferred suppliers
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety, HS and COSHH
- To implement and maintain food monitoring procedures to facilitate budgetary control and to monitor all costs involved in the kitchen against agreed budgets
- Management of the Chef brigade
Who we are:
- Professional Cookery Level 3 qualification or equivalent
- Passion for great food and excellent service delivery
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding culinary skills
- Ability to motivate and develop all levels of chefs
- Experience in training culinary skills
- Ability to deliver presentations to all levels confidently and accurately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels
- Financially astute with regards to food costings and margin management
- Ability to analyse and evaluate information
- Experience of using process and planning to deliver consistent results to expectations
- Ability to work on own initiative but within a frameworks
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications including; Word, Excel and PowerPoint
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.