Executive Customer Relations Manager
As a Barclays Executive Customer Relations Manager, you will take ownership of an exceptional customer experience and strengthen relationships by effectively engaging with customers on their terms within a multi-channel environment. It will be your responsibility to investigate emotive customer queries, concerns, and complaints of varying complexity, related to an extensive range of multiple products and services to know the cause, impact and solution.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Investigating complex and unique customer/client queries, concerns and complaints whilst withholding judgement, using the conversation cycle and role modelling mutual respect
• Intercepting and tuning into issue avoidance, confidently making self-initiated contact, anticipating needs, and addressing customer queries and concerns efficiently and effectively
• Taking ownership of customer complaints and queries from external stakeholders (including the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) and Claims Management Companies (CMCs)
• Creating exceptional customer experiences by being professional, caring and taking ownership when delivering outcomes and keeping promises
• Interacting with customers/clients on their terms, in an engaging way that demonstrates open-mindedness, active listening, flexing your style to reflect customer preferences
• Managing stakeholders, liaising with senior executives to provide updates on individual matters and identified trends through presentations and reports
What we’re looking for:
• Experience in delivering exceptional customer interactions in a professional and caring manner
• Ability to break down varying complex issues and assimilate a wide range of information to fully understand cause, impact, and solution
• Ability to balance different viewpoints, customer insight and policies to reach the right customer and Bank outcome
• Ability to take the heat out of challenging situations, remaining in control and empathetic to move the conversation on and find common areas of agreement
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Knowledge of Banking products and services and associated legislation eg Code of Banking Practice
• Broad knowledge of regulatory and risk requirements relating to complaints
• Experience of customer information and management systems
• Experienced in multiple channels of digital communication
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.