We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Executive Head Chef to join the team at Freemen's School, Ashtead. This a key managerial role, managing the daily catering service where we serve over 1000 meals a day for lunch. Your focus will be to lead the kitchen team to deliver a best-in-class catering service for Freemen's School.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career and be the very visible and approachable culinary figurehead at Freemen's School. In this role, you will join the senior management team, overseeing the timely and efficient preparation of all core feeding, retail and hospitality within all catering areas and venues within the school. The opportunity is therefore suited to individuals with similar experience and if you are a real foodie that would be a bonus as we would expect you to inspire others around you to get excited about food and culinary creativity - this may be the chef team, the front of house team or school students.
Ideally, we are looking for an experienced Executive Head Chef with a passion for food, who is skilled in food delivery and customer experience, is good at situational decision making and has a good eye for detail. You will thrive on a challenge and have strong leadership skills whilst being adaptable to a changing environment. We need an excellent communicator with a passion for innovation. It's a great opportunity to work in a rewarding school environment whilst being part of a world leading food and facilities management company; here we can offer you unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
At Independents by Sodexo pupils' health and wellbeing is at the root of everything we do. We deliver fresh food to be proud of: food that will sharpen the mind, energise and rejuvenate the body. Our approach is one of partnership, our heritage and inherent family values breathe through our experienced team, empowering a naturally entrepreneurial and agile approach, but always consistently.
This role is subject to Safer Recruitment checks and the successful applicant will be required to complete a DBS. Package Description
£40,000pa to £45,000pa + great benefits
Location: Freemen's school, Ashtead KT21
Work Pattern - 40hrs pw 5/7 approximately 1 weekend in 4/5 6am - 3pm (with flexibility)
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more!
We're all about building a workplace for the future, we believe in equal opportunities, and we celebrate diversity. We're an inclusive workplace, where everyone is welcome, everyone can be natural, and be the best versions of themselves. We recognise that we're on a journey with regards to diversity and inclusion and would therefore welcome applications for candidates from underrepresented backgrounds. Main Responsibilities
The Ideal Candidate
- Organise and lead the preparation and presentation of all meals service at the required times and to the required high standard.
- During preparation and service periods to take an active role in ensuring that excellent levels of service are delivered to the customer.
- To organise any special functions as required, some of which may occur outside of normal working hours
- To ensure that the Company and Statutory Regulations pertaining to the safe and hygienic operation of the kitchen and ancillary areas are adhered to by all members of staff and visitors in the absence of management.
- Responsibilities for effective menu planning, ensuring the needs of staff, senior and junior pupils are met.
- Arranging all hospitality, chef rotas,
- Ensuring all orders, receiving, checking and storing deliveries are carried out correctly
- To ensure all allergen information is pertinent, available and continually updated.
- Ensure team meetings and briefings are carried out in a manner that ensures effective communication and that all parties are provided with the appropriate information.
- To recruit, support, and control and discipline staff according to the needs of the unit within the procedure laid down by the company
- Experienced Chef who has led and operated in a busy, client facing environment
- Direct management experience of chef/kitchen brigade
- Experience of managing an overall budget
- Ownership and accountability of the role and that of their team
- Computer literate
- Ability to work efficiently and competently under pressure
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- High level of self-motivation and not constrained by conventional time keeping.
- 706/2 or NVQ chef qualifications, or equivalent
- Strong ability to increase individual effectiveness through leadership, motivation, communication, coaching, training and knowledge of the NVQ system
- Experience of change management
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. This role will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland. About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo's connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge ( Circles ); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design ( Wx ); employee engagement and recognition services ( Sodexo Engage ) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo's value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We're a Disability Confident Leader employer. We're committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process Keywords:
chef, head chef, executive head chef