Executive Head Chef - Kent
Salary - £48K-£53K
We have an exciting opportunity within one of our contracts in Kent in the Independent Schools Sector.
We are seeking an Executive chef to lead on core feeding of 1000 pupils including day and boarding as well as all hospitality and events. This is a fast pace contract and the history of consistent and quality service and standards has been highlighted throughout our time there. Managing a team of 15 to 20 chefs including a Head Chef, Sous Chef and Junior Sous Chefs. Service includes, breakfast, lunch, dinner, midmorning break, a commercial café, hospitality & events, staff feeding.
As the Executive Head Chef you will be an ambassador for Compass for all things food related, striving to innovate the food offer and keeping abreast of current food trends.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an inspirational and enthusiastic Executive Chef to make a name for themselves within the contract catering industry..
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary More about the role:
Who you are:
- The Executive Chef will plan, organise and direct the preparation and cooking of food ensuring that the company's reputation for quality is enhanced with customers and clients at all times
- Adopt a hands on approach taking responsibility for the food production covering all employee dining along with an extensive range of pop ups.
- Possess an exceptional drive for quality and innovation
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety, Health & Safety and COSHH
- The Executive Chef will be required to implement and maintain food monitoring procedures to facilitate budgetary control and to monitor all costs involved in the kitchen against agreed budgets
- Proven experience in a role as Executive Chef being able to demonstrate a track record of catering for large numbers but at the same time making the customer feel that their meal has been individually prepared for them.
- Have a big personality' .Great people skills and be able to lead, develop, train and inspire a large team.
- Have a real passion for food and customer service along with bags of enthusiasm and recognising that customer engagement is key.
- Food Innovation and development is essential along with being up to date with current food trends
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Superb culinary skills
- Good financial understanding
- High standards and be quality driven
- Excellent organisational skills
- A 'Can do' attitude