FRONT END WEB DEVELOPER AT RAF ASSOCIATION LEICESTER LE3 1UT
Salary: £29,690 - £31,250 pa
Plus £10k Market Supplement which is non pensionable and reviewed annually
Home working 37.5 hours a week
Requirement to attend HQ Leicester for meetings and training as required
We have a newly created role for an experienced Web Developer to lead the design, development and testing of the RAF Association group’s web properties to ensure they offer marketing leading experiences and engagement opportunities for beneficiaries, members, supporters and volunteers. The post holder will also lead the architecture, design and development of websites and landing page experiences for the whole of the Association and also utilise the Association’s CRM system (Salesforce) by ensuring a collaborative relationship with the CRM team in order to develop solutions that complement and enhance performance across properties and systems
Responsibilities of Post Holder include
• Working with colleagues in the Engagement team and wider Association design, architect, build and manage web based experiences that support the Association’s strategic supporter acquisition and retention objectives.
• Develop, configure and maintain ‘sandbox’ environments to facilitate successful development and QA testing of new experiences and manage deployment of new experiences from sandbox into a production environment.
• Manage the codebase across the entire group’s websites to ensure version control best practice.
• Proactively identify areas for web improvement and designing solutions to suit new technologies, usability trends and regulation (e.g. accessibility guidelines, GDPR, etc)
• Working closely with the relevant team, ensure website experience development aligns with APIs or webhooks to integrate with other applications (e.g. Salesforce, etc).
• Work with third party web design agencies to ensure compliance with Association coding and security standards.
• Develop and implement training and documentation to support the end-users of your developed solutions.
• Working knowledge of CMS database platforms such as MySQL.
• Working knowledge of API interfaces, webhooks, or web services using SOAP, WSDL or REST techniques.
Requirements of Post Holder include
• Educated to degree level or equivalent in relevant subject (computer science, digital design etc.)
• Expert understanding of UX principles across desktop and mobile devices.
• Exceptional UI design skills and experience using Adobe XD or similar.
• Strong skills with PHP within a WordPress context or similar CMS.
• Advanced hand-coding skills with HTML5 & CSS3.
• Strong awareness of web security standards and front-end development best practice.
• Experience providing end-user support for trouble shooting website issues.
• Strong knowledge of version/source control using Git or similar.
• Working knowledge of API interfaces, webhooks, or web services.
Want to know more? Then please contact our friendly HR team on 0116 464 5044 who will be happy to have a chat and send you further information. Alternatively the job description and application form are available to download on our website www.rafa.org.uk. To apply, please send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
** Please note that we do not accept CVs for this position **
Please note important dates below
Closing Date 8am Friday 18th September
Interview Date week commencing 21st September
Interviews will take place via video on Microsoft Teams