Express Sales Channel Product Manager
The Express Sales Channel (ESC) Product Manager is responsible for supporting the DHL Globalmail product offering, a range of convenient and cost-effective international mail services provided by Deutsche Post and sold exclusively to DHL Express customers across Europe.
There are two key areas to this role. The first is to provide support across all areas of Product Management, including product development, marketing communications and support for customer service. The second is to create reports for general management and to support pricing.
In order to be considered for this role you will need to have a strong customer focus, commercial acumen and excellent communication skills. Previous experience in a B2B product management or marketing role would be advantageous, preferably with an organisation which operates internationally.
• Maintain the specifications for all products and services sold via the Express Sales Channel. This will require close cooperation with both the Deutsche Post International and DHL Express Product Management Teams.
• Prepare proposals and business cases for product development ideas and initiatives.
• Provide support for the introduction of product developments and enhancements, including changes to ensure compliance with future customs requirements.
• Provide input to the development of the Deutsche Post Customer Portal, ensuring that the needs of Express Sales Channel customers are fully met.
• Act as the owner of the DHL SmartCharge application, making sure that it is developed in line with customer needs.
• Develop annual Product Marketing Plan detailing planned activities and budget required, with focus on product developments and enhancements
• Support Sales and Customer Service with product training and support material.
• Provide customer facing marketing materials and adapt/translate for use in all markets.
• Support new country set-up and deployment of the Express Sales Channel products in markets where they have not previously been offered.
Operational and Customer Support
• Ensure customers are presenting mail in accordance with product specifications and act as the liaison between Operations and DHL Express to resolve recurring issues.
• Act as the subject matter expert for all Express Sales Channel product related questions.
Pricing and Reporting Support
• Provide reporting and business intelligence on all aspects of the business using the Globalmail Analysis and Reporting Tool (GMART).
• Provide support with requests for pricing and profitability analysis.
Required professional experience:
Previous product management or related experience, preferably in a B2B setting
Excellent spoken and written English
Numerate and comfortable working with figures
Although not essential, language skills would be a bonus
Experience of working with marketing services agencies and suppliers
Proficiency in the following MS Office applications:
Must work well under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks.