Job Title: Facilities Assistant
Location: Walsall, UK - Onsite
Compensation: £21,803.41 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF45085
It starts with you
At Babcock, we're creating a safe and secure world, together - and you can play your part. As an Facilities Assistant within Vehicle Engineering team, you'll be part of an international company that's continually innovating. Our aspirations are big - and you'll help make them possible.
Vehicle Engineering is a market-leading manufacturer and converter of armoured vehicles and products. Drawing on over 100 years' experience, we supply and support deployed vehicles worldwide to customers including the police, fire and ambulance services, civil service, and military. Together, we deliver an end-to-end through-life methodology to supply our clients with specialist vehicle conversions.
The difference our new Facilities Assistant will make
Day to day, you'll be working as part of the maintenance department, participating in the delivery of wide range of activities commensurate with your knowledge, skills, and experience.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met.
* Basic Health and Safety awareness
* Forklift licence and Driving licence is desirable
* IT literate and willing to learn how to interact on the various business systems
* Basic understanding of PUWER and LOLER regulations is desirable
* You'll be a well-rounded, self-motivated individual with the ability to work on your own as well as part of a team
* Must hold or have ability to obtain NPPV security clearance
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
* 25 days' annual leave plus bank holidays
* Open to flexible working and alternative work patterns
* Opportunities for enhanced overtime
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 4.5% with life assurance
* Enhanced Occupational Sick Pay (up to 8 weeks' full pay and 8 weeks' half pay)
* Training and development opportunities
* Wellbeing centre supporting physical, mental and financial well-being
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.