Fixed term contract until the 1st April 2021
Blandford Camp, Dorset
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a Falcon/FEEC Instructor/Developer to join our team at Blandford Camp just outside Blandford Forum. You will be carrying out the Design, Development and Delivery of Falcon and Falcon Early Entry Capability (FEEC) Training in support of DSCIS in Blandford.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Delivering and supervising Falcon/FEEC Technical Training in accordance with the Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT) to Phase 3 trainees who have already completed their early stage career training.
* Providing support to the media team for the development of Falcon/FEEC Training in accordance with DSAT.
* To maintain and update training documentation including student notes, handouts and exercises.
* To assess students and provide feedback on performance.
* To configure and reset Falcon/FEEC equipment and Falcon Management System (FMS) applications and databases prior to and post FMS Classroom training events.
* Providing support in maintaining Falcon equipment and training classrooms
What do I need to do the role?
* Experience in the military with knowledge and experience of Falcon/ FEEC or a similar CIS system
* Qualified academically or vocationally to a minimum of ONC in relevant subject matter.
* Ideally some instructional experience in a military environment.
* Ideally hold an appreciation of Royal Signals and RAF Communications Systems Engineers career paths.
* Excellent communication skills and proficient in using IT hardware/software.
What else do I need to know?
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
* There is a possibility this position will be made permanent at the end of the fixed term contract.
* Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants: https://www.babcockinternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Babcock-Guidance-for-Applicants.pdf
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.