An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Frail Elderly Assessment Team (FEAT) for an enthusiastic and motivated Registered Nurse to join our friendly, forward thinking team.
The FEAT Team successfully ensures local health services are always on hand for frail, elderly people putting their safety, care and experience at the forefront of the service we provide. The team’s impressive impact on patient experience and bed utilisation, and the collaborative work with staff, will continue to improve the pathway for patients.
You will work within the Multi-disciplinary Team in the Emergency Department, Medical Assessment unit and short stay wards. You will assess patients and provide the 'gold-standard' for management of frailty-Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment. On a daily basis you will liaise with social services, care homes and mental health services throughout the acute and community to ensure patients move effectively through the system and are discharged via the appropriate pathway. You must have an excellent attitude to patient care; display professionalism at all times and be committed to the team ethos and development. Applicants should have good organisational skills and excellent communication skills are essential.
This post is full time and will require flexibility with shifts.
In return we will offer:
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development, together with an opportunity to work across some or all of our 5 sites depending on specialty
- Support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond
- Friendly, supportive and caring colleagues
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key facts about our Trust:
- Every day our hospitals see more than 4,000 outpatients
- We see more Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients than any other Trust – over 3,300 per week
- An average 860 patients are seen in A&E every day – the 6th largest in the country
- Our hospitals admit more than 220 emergency patients every day
- We carry out more planned surgical operations than any other Trust in England with almost 50,000 operations taking place in our 52 operating theatres
- We are one of only 5 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres
- We carry out more than 300 elective procedures each working day
- We employ 12,000 staff across our 5 hospital sites
- We have a Director of Allied Health Professionals who is committed to provide leadership, progression and direction to AHPs
Closing date of applications: 04 March 2021
Interview date: 17 March 2021
Due to COVID-19 and the Governments guidance on social distancing your interview may be carried out via Microsoft Teams. If this is the case you will be notified in advance so that if you don’t have the app you can download it either on to your phone or computer/laptop. The download is free of charge. Where your interview is face to face, the Trust will ensure social distancing. You will be required to wear a mask on all UHDB premises; this includes Covid-19 secure areas. If you have Covid-19 related symptoms or you have been instructed to self-isolate by track and trace and have been invited for a face to face interview please request a Microsoft Teams interview.
Trac emails can sometimes go in to your junk mail so please check this for feedback on your application.