About the role:
You will lead and support a multi-disciplined team, who will be carrying out Operational and Maintenance activities at Sewage Pumping Stations in the South East London area.Key Accountabilities:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Support a multi-disciplined team delivering planned and defective maintenance for approximately 200 pumping stations across the South East London area. You will be managing teams with a wide range of operational, mechanical and electrical expertise.
- Lead, coach and develop the team to fulfil the business needs.
- Have a passion for continuous improvement, promoting best practice ways of working and sharing local knowledge with other teams.
- Manage, control and report on an assigned budget, including contributing to budgetary planning to ensure that financial targets are met.
- Assist with developing risk assessment and Safe Systems of Work (SHE4) for complex work activities
- Conduct health and safety audits on-site to ensure a safe working environment and demonstrate a clear commitment to continuously improving the health and safety of our people and sites.
What’s in it for you:
- A supportive and passionate approach to managing a team of varying ages and abilities.
- Widespread experience in a process related or technical industry is desirable together with a sound working knowledge of the safe systems of work required under the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- IT literacy is essential as all work is managed using the SAP Click system
- Your interpersonal and communication skills will be developed, as will your ability to communicate across all levels as you will need to liaise with all levels.
- You will demonstrate good business and stakeholder awareness, together with an innovative and creative approach to problem-solving and strong team working and influencing skills.
- A full current driving license is essential.
You will be based at Greenwich Depot and your area will cover the whole of South London working on Thames Water’s largest and oldest trunk sewers and Victorian pumping stations. Your day-to-day work will involve working with the in-house Operations team, specialist contractors and major projects teams including the Thames Tideway Tunnel.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer to leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.