Join our community.
At Santander we're driven by our purpose - to help people and businesses prosper. We help our customers at the moments that matter most and champion businesses to help them to grow sustainably. That's why we're building a community to be a digital bank with a human touch and deliver an outstanding customer experience living our values of Simple, Personal and Fair.
The purpose of this role is to create and provide architectural support for our on-premises and Cloud reference architectures to aid Santander UK's Cloud migration activity, plus new build activity of Products and Services to the public Cloud.
This role will be key to the connection and translation between business and customer needs and technical/cloud requirements. You will be responsible for reducing the gap between complex problems and solutions. You will be able to explain complex and technical infrastructure and network architectures and solutions to technical and non-technical audiences, including senior management.
The difference you'll make.
- Ensuring that Domain designs align with the bank's strategy and system plan prioritisation for finance,
- Managing the knowledge environment related to the Finance Domain area of expertise across the Organisation - considered by peers and the Organisation to have the deepest knowledge across multiple functional areas and able to communicate and plan how this knowledge is shared
- Estimating the development work associated with a complex, multi-system/service project and procure/assign appropriate resources to deliver.
- Managing priorities and task schedules within the team and with other stakeholders
- Analysing the state of technology currently implemented within the Finance Domain to identify critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement, facilitating evaluation and selection of hardware and software technology, the product standards and design of standard configurations.
- Designing, implementing and maintaining a Technical Architecture framework based on business requirements and technological strategies, including identified gaps and fixing critical points existing in the current state.
What you'll bring.
- Deep Knowledge and experience of a Finance, CFO domain within a financial institution, Retail, Corporate and / or Wholesale banking
- Understanding of accounting, reconciliation, financial reporting, and consolidation (Oracle EPM suite).
It would also be nice for you to have.
- Familiarity and knowledge with the major architecture solutions and products available in the market
- The ability to identify and evaluate of future trends/ requirements and contribute to the development of new business concepts
- Experience of supporting the development of long-term planning of architectural strategy
- Developing 3-5 years roadmaps for Operational Technology Risk, including prioritisation of decommissioning, upgrade, and resilience activity
What else you need to know.
This will be a hybrid role where you will work 3 days from office and 2 days from home.
How we'll reward you.
As well as a salary, we offer a wide range of benefits that you can choose from and tailor to your needs.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, which increases to 31 days after 5yrs service, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Car allowance
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our share plans
#ThePlaceToBeYourself - Everyday Inclusion at Santander
We are committed to making sure all our colleagues feel they belong and are supported to succeed. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people, so we welcome applications from across society.
A bit more about Santander
At Santander we're driven by our purpose - to help people and businesses prosper. This means we help customers to create change for themselves and those around them, and we champion businesses to grow sustainably. We do this by always living our values of Simple, Personal and Fair.
At Santander, we each take personal responsibility for managing risk by embracing the I AM Risk framework - to Identify, Assess, Manage and Report risks, and to continuously build a deeper understanding of the risks we face. It is an important part of our culture at Santander, and we will provide you with knowledge to help you manage risks in your role.
What to do next:-
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply.