About this opportunity
Gleeds is a successful and very well respected professional services organisation within the construction consultancy arena, having been in existence for over 100 years. We have a family feel, being nurturing and supportive of all team members.
Gleeds is going through a period of rapid and widespread change within and without finance. This change is focused on margin % enhancement, cash maximisation and getting back to basics.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join as a Finance Business Partner (one of two) reporting directly into the UK FD. The office location will be Leeds, though will require some travel, on average 2-3 days per week in an office.
Key responsibilities of a Finance Business Partner
As a Gleeds team member, you will have access to:
- The role covers roughly half the UK business, c£90m revenue being our North, Infrastructure and Energy “regions,” plus the central UK cost centres, working alongside the regional boards.
- Flagship clients include DWP, DfE, Wakefield Council, BAE, HS2, EDF
- The role would have two direct reports (both new roles and being recruited in parallel to this role). Firstly a Junior FBP to provide support and bandwidth. Secondly an analyst to deliver all UK wide management information.
- In addition to the core deliverables the role would require delivery of several key projects.
- Alongside this the business will need to change behaviours therefore experience of taking large groups of people along is essential.
- Trusted adviser to senior management and their teams, building strong partnerships, including time on site / in office.
- Challenge and then hold the business to account.
- Provide real time analysis and deliver insight that links financial reporting to business performance, being a radar across the business to identify and attend to issues as they arise.
- Turn data into information allowing effective debate and robust decision making.
- Support and or deliver change to ensure operational, commercial and financial targets are delivered.
- Own accounting approaches and standards.
- Commercial bid support.
- Audit support.
Who we’re looking for:Experience, Knowledge and Key Skills
- Opportunities to develop and grow your career
- A contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Our global travel scholarship programme
- Flexible working arrangements
Be part of the extraordinary;
- Qualified accountant, ideally chartered.
- People and quality focused, attention to detail.
- Evidence of ownership and delivery of projects, incorporating new ideas and thinking.
- Engaging personality, team player, with a good bed side manner.
- Solution orientated and innovative, with the desire to bring forward ideas and to get involved in all areas of the business.
- Excited by operating in a changing multi-site, multi service environment.
Every day at Gleeds, we influence the way people around the world live, work and travel. Delivering on the world’s most iconic projects for globally renowned clients, our teams solve complex problems that shape the future of the built environment.
One of the qualities we value in people, is the ability to think creatively about the solutions we offer to clients. With 71 offices spanning the Americas, Europe, MENA and Asia Pacific our ability to innovate and improve is a product of the varied backgrounds and experience of our people. We welcome new perspectives and ideas.
We believe that quality relationships sit at the heart of good business. We strive to be the people that seek to understand and bring people together. Wherever we are in the world, our aspiration is to leave a positive legacy for people and local communities, whilst living and breathing our three core values:
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications regardless of age, disability, marital status, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, or gender.We recognise the importance of work/life balance and agree flexible working arrangements to suit each individual.Gleeds is a Great Place to Work certified employer.
- We’re committed to our clients and our people
- We’re creative and realistic
- We combine professionalism with personality.