Are you an ambitious finance professional looking to take the next step in your finance career in a highly commercial and business facing role? Are you part or fully qualified in ACCA, CIMA or ACA? If so, our Medirest business is on the lookout for an operationally minded accountant to join us supporting at Kings College Hospital and Southend Hospital.
You will predominantly based at Kings College Hospital 4 days a week with travel to Southend Hospital 1 day a week, when not at either Hospital you will be required to support remotely.
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals. What we'll give:
More about the role:
- £40,000 to £45,000 PA hour, 40 hours per week
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
- 4 Days a week at Kings College Hospital, Denmark Hill and 1 Day a Week at Southend Hospital, Southend on Sea
As our Finance Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the Contract Directors/ Managers and operational teams in understanding and managing operational financial performance of contracts. You will have the following responsibilities:
Who you are:
- Raising journals for business area, ensuring validity of accounting entries and compliance to contract, escalating any concerns to Commercial Finance Manager
- Managing the Review and Approve process being the central point of contact for operational teams
- Review of operational working capital components and recommending / driving actions to improve performance
- Ensure billing is timely, accurate and complete ensuring processes, procedures and systems meet contractual requirements recommending improvements and efficiencies as appropriate
- Supporting the Profit Protection team, driving units to complete self-assessment audits and assisting with completion of action plans to achieve required scores
- Implementation of standard monthly reporting to be used in the business
- Assist in training of operational teams in the use of business reporting to understand and improve their financial performance
- Analysis of financial performance highlighting to Contract Director key points to be discussed at monthly review
- Analyse and manage all unit contract costs, ensure full purchase compliance, manage margin percentge
- Preparation of annual budgets and periodic forecasts, challenging operational performance, understanding and reporting key variances
- Attending and presenting at designated Client meetings
To be right for us, you will be either fully or part qualified in ACCA, CIMA or ACA with commercial finance experience. You will have skills, experience and knowledge in the following areas:
Who we are:
- Proven stakeholder management experience
- Multi-site experience is highly desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable commercial judgement
- Leadership and influencing
- Proven stakeholder management skills
- Strong analytical and systems skills
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check; costs met by the employer.
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.