Join us as a Finance & Strategy Manager
- You’ll be managing a rolling investment portfolio to realise the strategic objectives of the domain by providing investment planning, the transformation portfolio and design services
- This is a great opportunity to take on a role in an innovative, forward thinking environment where you’ll be able to have a tangible effect on the function
What you'll do
As Finance & Strategy Manager, you’ll be defining and developing a portfolio structure to provide appropriate governance, control and management of the enterprise-wide portfolio, domain portfolio or platform portfolio, including any associated interdependencies.
You'll be engaging with business counterparts to understand the delivery roadmap and its impact on finances, working closely with them to make sure spend is being tracked and constraints are flagged.
You’ll also be:
- Managing, tracking and reporting on the Digital domain finance, reporting down to project level and maintaining tight control over the domain finances
- Engaging with wider stakeholders to manage finance dependencies such as regulatory work, inbound demand and generating appropriate reports to track activity
- Making sure that investments are identified and prioritised from the enterprise-wide portfolio or domain backlog relating to the minimum viable product, providing value to the customer and bank as early as possible
- Using a constant feedback of velocity rather than a fixed plan, understanding the value that is being generated is maintained, used and kept under regular review
- Defining, creating and managing a rolling wave strategic themed investment plan, aligned with the expected future business value outcomes
- Presenting at different governance forums on finance updates and making sure that the Digital leadership team is updated and presented with key challenges to make decisions on
- Working closely with the Portfolio Lead to align the finance strategy and build a roadmap that Digital Distribution can achieve
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need knowledge and experience of portfolio management theories, models and practices, including scaled Agile frameworks and Prince 2 methodologies, within an Agile or DevOps environment.
In addition, you’ll need:
- The ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to your peers and management level colleagues
- Good collaboration skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills